Halloween decorating

I am thinking this post will be done in several parts. After looking over my pictures I don’t want anyone to be bored or suffer decorating overload. That makes sense? I hope so. Anyways y’all should know by now that I love Halloween. Everything about it, even dressing up, yeah I might be too old to dress up but I say you’re never too old for Halloween!



This year after much thought I think I have my costume idea down. I suggested to my roommate we dress up like characters from the Wizard of Oz. It’s one of Mary’s favorite movies. She of course would be Dorothy, I decided to be the tin man well woman or I was thinking “Tin Chick” the costume itself will be relatively easy and most of it will be cheap. We still need a scarecrow and cowardly lion. More on that later. 

Today I will share my dresser, Wednesday my creative space, and then Friday will be my night stand and area around my bed.  This only my side of the room, I haven't even begun the rest of the house stay tuned!
 
 
Okay when deciding to decorate I decided to go with a less clutteredd approach.  I love knick knacks but you can have too much of a good thing.  So while putting up my decorations I took down a lot of my stuff and I am pleased with the results.
 
Second thing I used a sheer black wrap and draped it over my dresser.  I like using bandannas or other pieces of cloth to "spruce" up my dresser and night stand. It helps keep off the dust. 
 
My first piece is an oldie but a goodie. I got this from Party Lite.:
 
 
 Very funky spider candle holder. 
 
Next up, I've been using a shallow plate to display some of my favorite jewelry items that way it's easier for me to pick what I want without digging in my jewelry box.  So for Halloween I picked up a cute skull girly plate at the $ Tree to display my items:
 
Most of the jewelry on here is Halloween jewelry. I will share what they are on another post.  I have also my Husker jewelry and pink ribbon bracelet and pin.  Since October is breast cancer awareness month :) Notice the rubber rat peering over my plate?
 
I decided to put away my jewelry box for now it's a bit big and wonky.  So I picked a few other non-Halloween items and placed them in my satin jewelry holder, that way they're in reach:
 
I added a bendable skeleton to it (you'll be seeing more of these!).
 
I totally love these hair clips I found them at Target:
 

This spider votive holder is a new addition, I found him at Gordmans:

I added a battery operated tea light votive.  I love them just a much as the real deal.  That's what I love about Halloween the colors aren't just black and orange. Green and purple play a huge roll in the color scheme! I had saw a similar holder at the grocery store (but taller) and they wanted more for it. I got this baby for $1.99!
 
The next two pictures are of vintage spell bottles also a Gordmans find.  I wanted them last year but didn't purchase them when I saw they were back I knew they had to be mine:
 
 
 
The pics had to be small they looked blurry blown up.  If I remember right there is spooky remedy, essence of bat wing, and I'm drawing a blank on the last one sorry! I'll find out and get back to you.
 
Okay that's the top of my dresser now for beside it:
 
This is Wart my witch. I've had Wart since I was a kid.  I love her to pieces my Halloween decorating would not be complete without her! Love her stripe tights too!
 

Last but not least Mr. Bones.  He is also another Party Lite item.  Behind his head is where you put the candle and his eyes glow.  I used to be afraid of skeletons, terrified.  Long story. Now they're not so scary.  Bonesy is another personal fav of my collection.  I covered my thick book with an orange bandanna. Later I added rubber spiders below his feet EEK! 

Hope you enjoyed what I've shared so far. A bit of old mixed with the new that's what your going to see around here with my decorating and come back for part 2!

Have a great week!

Comments

  1. Love that candle holder! Your decorations are awesome. Halloween is a really fun holiday! I don't have too many decorations, but I might have to steal your idea and post pictures of the ones I DO have!

    Very fun to look at all these. Mr. Bones is fantastic as well.

    I'll be back for part 2! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts