Mom's Cross

Happy Friday!  Boy am I EVER ready for the weekend!! I have a 30% off coupon to Precious Treasures that store has been calling my name for a while now and I am so due for a new purse and some retail therapy!

Anyways besides retail therapy, it's birthday weekend thus commencing birthday fiasco 2010.  Between now and December I am slammed with birthdays.  Mary mom Tille's birthday is Saturday and then my mom's is Sunday.  I was trying to decide what to get mom when I decided to make her something because she loves when I make anything and likes to brag (like all moms do *grins*) I made her a cross necklace:




I had been meaning to make her this necklace a while now anyways.  I got the charm at Michaels.


I think my plan was to make for her at Christmas but I never got around to it, then I came across the charm again, found some beads that worked and the rest is history.  The beads are from my stash I got a kit from Wal-Mart many moons ago. These are the last of my purple clear beads though :(  I was worried I wouldn't have enough for mom's necklace but I lucked out. 

Mom loves cross necklaces she collects them as far back as I can remember. We always try to find her a unique one. She has them in various sizes, she even has one made from bone and also nails.  I love when we give her a new one she says "I don't have that one" it cracks me up!  As kid I used to love sitting with her jewerly box (still do) and go through her treasures.  Guess where my love of jewerly came from :)

I have been wanting to share a jewelry post of my favorites but I was having trouble uploading pictures that maybe in the works, you never know what you are going to find on here!

Have a great weekend I know I plan too! 

Comments

Popular Posts