Halloween decorating part 2

It's the middle of the week we are almost to the weekend yahoo! Let's get onto part two of my Halloween decorating!

My creative space.  I have just a small area where I keep all my creative items and goodies on hand. It's mainly a plastic drawer on wheels but it does the job.  Again with my dresser I went with a less cluttered approach:




Black roses are a must for Halloween.  The flower pot is a Goodwill find years ago.  Cheesy but I love it. Here is a close up of the flower pot I keep my pens, pencils, and some of my smaller tools usually in a metal pail but Frankie here is what I storing them in for Halloween. I have a skull pen, and that is one of my sugar skulls that I made last year for Day of the Dead and never got around to sharing. You'll see the others later when I do a quick change from Halloween to Day of the Dead.



Mr. Frog here has a spider in his mouth.  He usually holds my sticky notes. I couldn't find any oragne sticky notes to put in there until after the photo was taken (go figure right?) .  The punches to his left are from EK Success I found them at Target :)  One's a cat and the other is a pumpkin. I've used the cat punch in an altering project that I will share later too. So yeah my tools have become decorations too!

I read in a magazine how bendable skeletons can be used in decorating.  I have a few so I've been placing them around in fun ways.  Here is one holding the stems of the roses:



Where do you keep the other skeletons? In a bucket of course! I give you bucket of bones:

The bucket belonged to my Grandfarther. He used to have his treats in it.  There was two but I only could locate the one. This brings back so many wonderful memories.  Now a days even trick or treat bags or buckets have become so fancy.  I remember when McDonalds used to have plastic pails that they put the kids meals in and you could use them for Trick or Treating. We had tons of them. We used to put one over out porch light to give a "spooky" effect.  I wish I had them. I may have to actually check antique stores to find them?   Hard to think about that it was so long ago late 80's, early 90's sheesh.  And not mention stuff like that being in antique stores too?  No more laughing at my parents now!

For part one click here and stay tunned for Friday as I wrap it up!


Comments

  1. HA! The Bucket-O-Skeletons is excellent! I'm pretty sure I have a pumpkin bucket like that somewhere. Now I'm in the mood to go Trick-Or-Treating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts