Framed Summer quote

Even though today is the first official day of fall er I mean Autumn. It is still Indian summer around here but seriously the weather needs to make up it's mind already we are freezing one day then sweating the next! We're all going to end up sick around here!  But I will take warm days as opposed to cold any day.  I should be focusing on fall craft projects, however I can't seem to let summer go so I did this summery craft:



As I mentioned in Sunday's post, I found a few mini frames to alter.  The Mojo and I have had tiffs lately, so I was hoping that I could produce something from these frames. The quote is by Walt Whitman who knew?

"O the joy of my spirit-to splash the water!"

Too true Walt buddy.  The card is from Mind's Eye Kaleidoscope or they call it kaleidoquote? Whatevs. 

Originally I had the quote on mini clipboard I altered (in the same paper) but I thought it might be nice to frame the quote it now sits on my night stand.  The paper is from Panama Jack "Rusty Pickle" line I kid you not! It's a beachy vintage pack that I got and simply LOVE. As Imentioned before I love anything beach vintage.  Actually I dug out an old cigar box that I might alter and use some of the paper from the pack. 

_____________________

I did make another trip to Goodwill. I didn't buy as much this time around. I was looking for scrub/lab jacket for work and came across one that has plumeria like flowers on it. I also found a Ron Jon surf shop cocktail glass that I couldn't live with out, and a large seashell which I am using a tray to hold my earrings (more about that later).

I am working my Halloween decorating plans, I found a few new treasures to go with the old stuff, I can't wait to actually start decorating. I've been holding off till at least the end of the month.  That has been hard! 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Fall!

Comments

Popular Posts