Goodwill finds #2

A fabulous weekend is coming to an end.  With another shopping trip to Goodwill! You can read my post about my shopping tips for Goodwill here .  So  here is what I found this time around:



A cute pillow.  My room is done mainly in vintage Hawaiian and just about everything I own I have found at Goodwill, and don't worry I did wash the pillow I found out the case unzips and the pillow comes out.  But I love it I have 2 other vintage style pillows I got at Hall-mark long ago so they match this one perfectly.

A Spongebob bandanna.  This is now sitting on my night stand I love the splash of bright color.  I use bandanna's on my night stand and dresser not only they add color but they help with the dust bunnies. 


This is a vintage Hawaiian purse super cute.  I've thought about hanging it on my wall instead using it on regular purse rotation basis.  (Not pictured I found some mini frames to alter I deleted the picture before downloading it oops).  


Last but not least another purse. This was my main reason for going to Goodwill.  I was looking for another purse.  I love purses.  I am not just a one purse person, that uses the same purse until it falls apart then gets another one. I love to rotate them from time to time.  So my collect varies from small to large. I guess you could say I am the Carrie Bradshaw of purses :)

I know what your thinking a used purse?  At first I'll admit I was a skeptic about getting a used purse but a friend that was an avid purse lover that I blame  thank for getting into my purse addiction love. So here is some tips on looking for a used purse.

1. Have an idea of what you want in a purse.  For me when I look for a purse 2nd or otherwise is does it have pockets? I love a purse with tons of pockets and compartments.  I usually check for that, if they have at least 1 pocket then I will get it. The vintage Hawaiian purse does have one pocket, and the black purse had multiple pockets added bonus :) The other is I like a purse that is cute or unique.

2. Check to see if there purse is in good condition.  This is a no brainier and basic rule when it comes to shopping at a thrift store.  Employees usually inspect the items before they hit the shelves but sometimes one will slip by.  Make sure the strap is intact, the zipper works, the inside is good no wear or tear, and is clean! I did have to spot clean the black purse but it wasn't a big deal.  It didn't come with a strap either but I can live with that.   

3. Price. I try to compare prices when comes to buying purses 2nd hand. My general for purse price range overall is nothing over $25.00 that's new and used. If Goodwill or any thrift store is selling a purse over $25.00 it'd better be a genuine LV (and that has happen before) otherwise there is a problem.  You might be able to haggle too I haven't tried it. And sometimes the price might be a bit ridiculous like the cigar box purse that was broken and they were charging $7.99 for as is. Thanks but no thanks. Like a car make sure your not getting a lemon.


4.  You may find a name brand for less (it's kinda goes with #3). The purse above is a Fossil brand. I also had came across two The Saks purse while I was shopping too but I didn't want to pay $14.99 for them (but that's just me). I have also seen Tommy brand purses too. This works if your on a budget too. I paid $4.99 for the Fossil purse and $2.99 for the vintage Hawaiian purse.

5. As Forset Gump says "You never know what you're going to get" Most of my purses from my collection are 2nd hand finds from Goodwill, other thirft stores and garage sales. You may find a dimond in the rough. Believe it or not they're some of the best purses I've had. 


6. Return the favor.  If you have a purse you no longer need take it to Goodwill, your local thirft store, or sell it at your next garage sale. I even give my purses away sometimes too. 
I hope this helps anyone.  Of course 2nd hand purse shopping isn't for everyone. I do like a new purse every now and again.  Epescially when they're on sale :)

Also I am hoping the old creative mojo comes back too, I think I left it at Goodwill somewhere between the purses and picture frames.


Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts