I am stumped

Yesterday was my night off what better way to spend it then by a road trip into Omaha for shopping? I will tell about all my fun about that later but today’s post is about my discovery in the mailbox.

I had come home from my trip and I went right to the mailbox usually it’s never anything good anymore the average bills, junk mail, or mail from 50 other people that have probably lived in this house prior to us and we’ve been there for 5 years. Once in a while I will get something good like my latest Cosmo or if I order something, but I noticed a rather thick magazine in the mail yesterday:



Yes you’ve seen right (I can’t make this stuff up) the magazine is called Stumps. It’s party or in this case a prom catalog. At first I thought it was mistake maybe to the wrong person again so I turned it over nope it was addressed to me. Then it said by the customer number “thank you for ordering our catalog!” Whoa. Hit the breaks. I ordered the catalog??? I thought about that for a moment no it didn’t ring a bell I would of known for sure that I ordered THAT catalog but then again working at my old job once you’re on the mailing list your on everybody’s and their mothers mailing list.


I remember those days when (at the old job) customer’s would call demanding their name be removed from the mailing lists and not to sell their name blah, blah. Then usually the 10 million dollar question comes “Well how did you get my name?” Like I have the answer to that. You politely (even though you want to tell them what exactly you’re thinking) try to explain that names get sold and then they even deny that they never order from any other company right and I’m the Queen of Sheba. And sometimes you have to provide them with the address to the direct mailing service in NY to be removed. All I can say is those poor people at direct mailing better get good pay for dealing with the hate mail they get.


Back to the catalog, it even said I could win a prom package? Excuse me but I’ve been out of high school for almost 10 years now what interest would I have for that? Apparently they’ve been in business for 76 years too? This is the first time I’ve heard of them.

Of course I will be calling them to ask if they sell tree stumps (or something of that nature). It wouldn’t be any fun for me if I didn’t.



Happy Friday everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts