Color Challenge

It's challenge time once again!  My awesome friend Vicki Chrisman has suggested a color challenge to her fellow blog readers.  This is my 4th challenge with Vicki and they're always fun!  Here is the color selection I choose:

White, an olive green, yellow and  dark pink.  I did a layout because I don't do enough of them:


Sorry if the picture is a bit on the small side I had to shoot indoors with bad lighting because it was rather damp and cold today (ick)




I love the song Yellow by Coldplay that inspired me for this layout. 


As you can see I tried something a bit different with the placement of the lyrics and the paper is closet to olive green I could get from my stash (I'm trying to use what I have).  The white letters are EK Success.



The picture of the sunflower was taken at our state lakes in Fremont on a Sunday morning not long ago.  The weather was  perfect and even though I had worked 8 hours the night before I knew I couldn't let the beautiful day go by without snapping photos this happens to be on of my favorite shots :)



The pink journal tag is my bandanna print paper (Martha Stewart) I just turned it over.  I used my Bic mark it fine point in fandango pink for journaling.  (It's hard to see sorry really bad shots!)




The pink flower in the lower corner and flower paper clip (on the journal tag) are goodies from Vicki (see I told you she was awesome!).

At first (I'll admit) I didn't like the negative space.  I've mentioned before how I am not a huge fan of negative space, I always want to fill the page full but then sometimes it looks busy, in Vicki's last challenge, I challenged myself to LOVE the negative space, guess I am still learning to love it.  Later, when I looked at the layout again, it wasn't too bad I thought. 

I want to thank Vicki as always for great challenges and check her blog tomorrow for mine and the others who played along you can see her blog here.

And thank you to those who visit my blog during this challenge and for your comments!

Later days!

(PS- I may re-take the pictures the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend)

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts