How did they know???

I swear getting my mail lately has become a rather scary   interesting experience.  I still haven't told you about the Publisher's clearing house fiasco that took place this summer (oh and I will in good time) but with last week's interesting piece of mail , my trip to the mailbox is now becoming more interesting than ever before and also deems itself worthy of it's blog category Mag's Mailbox!  You may think it's odd that I write about what I get in the mail but this isn't your blog now is it?  Besides I have a hit a road block project wise meaning I need time to get said projects done (I so need a creative vacation). Anyways it's not like I haven't gotten interesting mail before there was the birthday card from Hallmark offering me a discount, which I swear was a ploy to get me into the shop.  

Today I gotten up from sleeping to mow the jungle yard when I saw a piece of mail for me on the coffee table that Mary's mom left for me.  At first I thought it was another thing from Publisher's clearing house but upon closer inspeciton it said on the envelope:  "It's here!" ... An idea-packed magazine excluisvely for people like you who like to make and give special handmade cards!  I did a double take.  Seriously if you saw something in the mail that said excluisvely for people like you who like to bake, write or whatever hobby you enjoy wouldn't you be going WTF too? I almost went to the mailbox to see if there was a spy cam or something.

Yes I received an invitation to CardMarker magazine.  I looked over all the information and the letter apparently the magazine is new?  Saying that I'm invited to sample the newest issue of CardMaker magazine FREE.  The letter goes onto it's spiel and the Free part is the first issue that is if CardMaker doesn't live up to my expectations.  See? Always a catch.

But if I like what I see I can start my subscription for just $19.97 (plus a $1.98 postage and processing) and  I get six more  issues plus a Double Guarantee.  If, aftee a full year of getting CardMaker, it has not met MY expections, let them know and we'll refund me every penny-100%-of my subscription price. They sure know how to get someone don't they?

Yes I'll admit it I've been suckered.  Because in all honesty I could use the help in the card making department, since with the major birthdays the next 3 months, I have an idea for my cousin Steve's card and possibly my aunt but I have no idea what kind of card to make my uncle. I only have a few magazines that have ideas and one very old school card making book that I have looked at since I purchased it at the library book sale. So yeah bring it on plus I can write a review of how well the magazine fares on this blog and maybe there is a chance to send in a card I create in the hopes of being published!!!  It's a win-win situation. 

Here's hoping.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts