Trying to keep calm

Boy do I need one of these posters they are from Etsy check them out here 

Yesterday morning was a tragedy. Work was lousy loads of problems + cranky people = a bad night for me.  But the worst part was when I dug out my altered book to work on it, I noticed it had gotten water damage.  When I was cleaning my side of the room Monday I had a cup of water from painting that I forgot to take down to the kitchen (I get lazy like that) I noticed it had spilled but nothing got had gotten wet that I knew of.  I had picked up the altered book off the floor and left on my little milk create shelf didn't think of even checking it. 

Then I decided to work on it when I made the horrible discovery. All the pages except for the Party Pooper page and the final pages which I did the shadow box weren't damaged.  The Party Pooper page there is a water spot other than that it can be stuck in a frame.  Everything else was damaged.  I salvaged what I could, the rest had  to be removed and trashed.

So the book will just be a shadow box book now.  I made some notes and will finish it as is but I can't help and feel so devestated it's a great loss in my creative world. I know crap happens, it happens to everyone I'm sure Andy Warhol had his share of problems too.  A little later after sleeping it off I realized that I learned something from (you always learn and sometimes the hard way) it.  Not to leave my well water (artist term for the water cup used to rinse off paint brushes) upstairs and probably to keep my room cleaned more (I'm way better at that I try to clean it at least once a week where in the past I rarely cleaned it). 

I will have to start over on the book though but now I guess the positive note is I can make it better :)

Keep Calm and Carry on

Later Days

Comments

Popular Posts