The honeymoon is over

Having a new car (well sort of new) is like a marriage. Seriously. You are committed to it for better or for worse (usually worse) for poorer not richer (because it’s going to you cost an arm and a leg 95% of the time to take of what it is that’s wrong) until it brakes down or you trade it in.

I got my car Shorty (I like naming my cars ok?) last August. I had been looking for a new car for a very long time when my Monte Carlo (Monte if you’re wondering) took acting up to a whole new level. That car put me through so much grief. But when I got my new car all hope was restored, no more headaches of taking it to the mechanic, or stupid insurance claims (yeah there was a few). Now a year later, it’s starting up again. In April I had one minor incident but up until NOW then my car pulls a fast one on me and oops the water pump and bearings go out nice. Here is a current list of my cars problems and not so much car problems = costing me money:



1. The tags are due. I have until the end of this month to do so, but unlike my dad who got his tags and drove without putting them on like a month, THEN IS FOLLOWED BY A COP AND NOT EVEN STOPPED FOR IT. My luck I get stopped but maybe the officer will be a gentleman that he is (cough) and offer to put the tags on for me or just give me ticket.



2. I need to get my remote key repaired. This has been an issue since April when my rather embarrassing incident (I will talk about in due time ok?). I made the discovery of the key and remote part being broken. No, for some odd reason I do not have a spare key when I got the car it was “as is” which also including no drivers manual. (Sidebar: even though Monte was very crappy and the driver’s manual had seen better days I still provided it!!!) So yeah a couple of times the key has gotten stuck in the ignition, and of course the mechanic noticed he glue it together but glue won’t last forever as dad said. We now have to go to a Toyota dealership this week to get it fixed.  Here is the proof:



I have to pretty much guess which button unlocks/locks the car and not hit the panic button in the process.

3. The car needs windshield wipers. No big.



4. It will need an oil change again no big.



5. And be washed yet again that of course can be done free courtesy of a hose (but I love the car wash for some weird reason)



6. Oh eventually new tires since the stupid low tire light will not go off.



See? Who needs a human significant other when the car needs me more? Sad thing is I love my Shorty, I’d take a bullet for that car (seriously). But as my co-worker Rhonda said the honeymoon is over now the problems officially begin.



Instead of putting a ring on it, I’ve put a key ring on it. I now pronounce you woman and car you may drive off into the sunset.

Comments

Popular Posts