Round card/Invites

It’s Monday yet again but let’s not dwell on it and enjoy something crafty!

I had to make a birthday card for my co-worker Karen’s birthday yesterday and I was dragging my feet about it because of the fact that I’ve ran out of blank rectangle cards and I just couldn’t get a concept down for Karen’s card (excuses, excuses) but I have been going through stuff in the closet to make room for crafty goodies (I’ll get to that at the end of the post) and I have a box of odds and ends of stuff that I’ve made for storage I guess anyways there was these round invites I had made to post on here but never got around to it (you know how that is).  Plus I realized I haven't shared a card on here for a while anyways. Then I decided to make a round card for Karen:





The idea comes from my BFF craft book and is actually titled dizzy note. I plan on sharing some step-by-step instructions on how to make this card later this week (I promise!).  The cupcakes are from K & Company, Letter stickers EK Succuess, confetti sticker is Me & my Big ideas, and the jean paper is from my stash leftover from pocket cards.

Anyways I made some summery invites last year when I just started getting this blog off it's feet.  But here are two examples:


This first one is a tri-fold.  In my BFF craft book you fold it 3's to get the cone shape.  I punched a hole in mine and added a ribbon.  The idea is a hand out invite one side has a sticker the other has the words your invited, then you remove the ribbon and open it to see the info.



Number 2 is a half fold which can be a used a mailer. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy :)

_________________________________





I've mentioned my great and uber talented friend Vicki on here before and I've taken her challenges well she has shared her leftover creative goodies with me before but this time she had the ultimate in goodies for me this time!  I was swimming in scrap goodness! 

I kept pretty much everything with the acceptation of a few items and 1 box I will be taking up to the supply room at church and a few items will be used in my Sunday School class :)  Vic had also gaven me these fab albums that I gave to dad so he can put all the family pictures in them instead having them in totes.  Anyways check out Vicki's blog out here she totally rocks the creative mojo!  Thanks again Vicki!!

That meant I had to make room for my new found goodies that meant cleaning out the closet. Mary and I have this one big closet I swear it's a dream closet.  I ended up getting rid of 7 boxes and one bag total of stuff that went to Goodwill.  Let me tell you that felt GOOD getting rid of the clutter. I've been become such a pack rat and being an artist is 10 times worse.  I used to keep a bunch of magazines too a lot had Kenny Cheseny on them but I let them go into recycling. I really wanted to keep what Vicki gave me so that was the motivation for me to get of stuff that I really didn't need.  I cleared my creative space/area too I put away a lot of my stuff and I have an area in the closet so everything is near by.  One day I will have a studio then I will have more room for everything.  But for now I make do :)



Thanks for stopping Later days!

Comments

Popular Posts