I've fallen into the trending trap

Call me shallow, or pathetic whatever. But I do not care. I purchased the silly bandz. Yes me who thought it was quite funny that this was the newest trend banned from schools. Takes me back to my trending days. Here is a link to a recent article on Yahoo! (did you shout Yahoo! at the top of your lungs like me?) I'll wait.

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/110025/silly-bandz-seek-to-stretch-popularity?mod=career-leadership

So after reading the article that got me thinking about my own trend following days.


Let’s see. There was care bears had tons, thanks to my aunt, the pound puppies and purries, slap bracelets (I remember when they were dangerous), pogs, cabbage patch kids, troll dolls, virtual pets (I kept killing mine) the Lance Armstrong bracelets, tile charm bracelets Littlest pet shop (still around) and beanie babies these were the ones I was involved in. I bought only one Web Kinz because it was a frog and it was cute. No I didn’t get into Pokeman, or Magic. I  only watched Pokeman because it was the only decent show on at 7am before school.

Oh the fashion trends too. Day glow colors, (that’s making a scary come back), neon shoe laces, jelly shoes I never owned a pair :-(  the pump shoes, Blossom hats, (I had like 5 of them) Doc Martens, and overhauls again to name a few.

Anyways. My co-worker one day had a silly band on her wrist at first I thought it was a hair tie and I asked her about it she said that her granddaughter had them and got them at Hallmark. Then the article on Yahoo! about them being banned from schools and I posted it on here for a good laugh but the next thing you know they were everywhere. Knock off brands mostly, like an overnight sensation or something.  I had to have them.  You know how it is, you try to avoid it the worse it gets (well in my case anyways). 

Then one night Mary and I went to the mall for a movie and I beelined it into Hallmark for the bandz.  I noticed they had different styles including beach ones:

$4.25 later I had them (at least I get points on my Hallmark card) so in the theater, I dividing them up with Mary.  One did snap that I gave Mary it zipped past me (no wonder they are banned) we had a good laugh about it. I had heard some glowed in the dark well mine didn't :(

Saturday came and I had a few on my wrist and were out at JCF days (yeah it was a while ago) and I noticed the palm tree that was white was pink:

UV activation nice. When I babysat Mason and Morgan I gave one to Morgan she choose the palm tree. Mainly she got a bang out of the fact that no matter how you twist or stretches it goes back to the original shape. If they come out with Halloween ones even better, and hey Silly Bandz creators make Religious shapes bandz, I will be the coolest Sunday School Teacher ever. Seriously.

Comments

Popular Posts