Weekend over?


Another weekend draws to a close and all I can say is where did it go? I think I slept most of the weekend away LOL. I just beyond tired! Most of the weekend involved me going to bed EARLY (like it was 10:30pm Saturday night so unusual for me when I am off!) then the problem arises that I go to bed early I get up early too. Both Saturday and Sunday was 8 am! I have tired to train myself to stay up later on my nights off so I can go can sleep late on those days but not so much. I don’t argue with my tired body those two nights, I almost passed out on the floor and I am not a floor sleeper dad can he used to sleep on the hardwood floor of our old house and I always wondered how in heck could do that? I remembered as kid I always gave him a pillow for his head because it made me hurt to think he could sleep like that. Anyways so I knew I was tired when I was ready to fall asleep on the floor!

The crafting binge didn’t happen to my disappointment :0( Friday afternoon Mary got off early and we went to Blockbuster they actually are finally having some deals I got “Across the Universe” for $4.99 (not bad since Food 4 Less had it for $5.99) a DS game, and a few little trinket items that were in the .99 bin. We then grabbed a quick lunch to KFC where Mary’s fiancĂ© Jacob worked. He came to the window to chat with Mary and she asked if he was buying (teasing) well Mary handed the manager Kevin my debit card and Kevin said that Jacob was buying even though she kidded him! What a great guy he is he scored major brownie points with Mary!! We took a nap then Mary’s bowling partner/friend Erin’s birthday dinner was at USA Steak buffet where I joined them. I did come back home and did work on a few projects. I did complete my cousin’s birthday card. It’s going to be late Jess, but hope you had a great one!

I also got the shadow box sides and inside painted; the backside is covered in black paper, with one little element on it a Team Jacob t-shirt from a magazine that I cut the top off to leave the rest it’s cute, Team Jacob: Because Edward Bites LOL! I am still cranking out what the inside should be I did paint the inside of the box a shiny blue then did some blue glitter overlay which looks rather yummy, I think that’ll represent the sky and then I’ll have the moon in one corner with the wolf in the opposite. I do have some 3D mounting tape. I was also think along the lines of having a picture of Jacob on one the inside side panels, then a wolf on the other hmmm. Then I thought trees because everything I have noticed that has promoted New Moon has the forest in it, also the wicked tribe tattoo that the pack wears did get a good picture of it from the soundtrack may use that, plus having elements of LA Push in it too maybe? And I did find a cheap chess set at the $ Tree so… I am still playing because I want this to be good for Beck. Loads of ideas that is a good thing :0).

In the instructions for shadow box from the Crafty Chica it says to use the lid as a stand for the box but I decided not to use it. Instead I covered it with this really awesome paper I found at Wal-Mart. Then I thought it’d be wonderful to have my Grandparents (Bade) wedding photo on that lid make it a cute little display for their picture. Plus finishing up my cousin’s card was all I did creative wise this weekend. Even though I got a few goodies at Wal-Mart I did not find an 8x10 canvas to play with :0( guess that means a future trip to Omaha will be taken. Another reason to dislike Wal-Mart!

Did watch the Huskers victory Saturday though I must admit it was a nail biter at times when we tied I kept thinking not good, not good but I knew it wasn’t over till the fat coach sings! For Sunday school we are still working on the program it is making headway. My kiddos have a poem and also lines to deliver! I have assigned parts for letters A-D, the kids do much better if I read the line and they repeat after me. Seriously they are four-six year olds they are not going to read the lines by themselves forget it. But they did rather well repeating after me so that’s what we are going to do! We did start their scrapbooks too (of course Mason kept asking me what’s a scrap book stinker!), I had them draw their picture of themselves or in Jocelyn’s case her family. I interviewed them with some basic info, age, favorite colors, foods, pets, and siblings. Mason and Sam thought they could be funny and pull the wool over my eyes by trying to say, “Well I don’t have a favorite color or food” right. It was when I asked Jocelyn the same questions they blurted out their answers LOL got to ♥ them!

Meanwhile I had asked for the wedding pictures of my grandparents from dad. Dad is so awesome he actually made me copies of the picture I had wanted, and then some! He made a copy of them with their wedding party (my great aunt and uncle) themselves, and my great grandparents (my Grandpa’s Bade parents) too! However the size for one of them is too big. I wanted 4x6 since you know since the box lid is around 5x5 if not smaller. The sizes he gave me were 8x10, now don’t me wrong I told I could work with those perhaps for another layout and actually I have been planning for quite a long time to restore one of the old album’s that was my Grandmas it has their wedding stuff in it so a great way to get started on that in fact I am thinking of a Christmas gift here!

Last but not least (I hope!) I did a practice run on assembling the train for the contest. First off when I gotten the graham crackers I was expecting whole ones nope when I open the box they were a broken squares huh? Don’t tell me now that they are all like this!! I did the best I could with the squares just getting a general idea you know, when I got trying to make a window for the train it involves cutting a small piece of the graham cracker from the square. Every time I did the square broke. I gave up after awhile I am not sure if an excato knife will work or not but if I can’t get it to work may have to come up with another idea. Which lucky for me I do but still I sat in creative frustration for awhile because when you want something to work and it doesn’t you try your hardest to make it work.

Oh and as for the long awaited layout? Well Friday it rained (blech) so I did not get a chance to photograph it but soon I am hoping to have it maybe Monday I can quick do it before I forget and get something up soon *crosses fingers*. I also have my 2nd Relay committee meeting Monday. I didn’t get a chance to attend the Nebraska summit over the weekend but hope to hear it went from the others plus find out what committee I am on wish me luck!
Have a great one!

Comments

Popular Posts