Simply

Ta da! Finally the long awaited layout! Thought you’d never see the day huh? LOL. Well the weather was cool, windy, but nice so I was able to steal away and snap some shots of this beauty. Shall we get to the good stuff? Sure!







Leaf quote is from this and that. From a plethora of goodies in the basket Vicki gave me



Leaves are from the $ Tree and yellow/black paper from my stash.



Chip chatter letters from PT again. Note to self: Going to have to get more of these! Love them!!

That leaves Snoopy whom I colored one night at work. I had gotten the Peanuts coloring books during Halloween to copy and use the pages at Sunday school. I had ran off Snoopy to yes color him myself when I noticed the copy had the other side shown through. (Since coloring books are double sided) Hmmm I thought that’s the first that even happen. So I tired the alternative 1st being to take a white piece of paper behind the page in the book nope, then I did the same to the copied page nada. Major bummer my thoughts were that the company went to maybe cheaper paper. But still. I know coloring books are inexpensive, however I re-use my coloring books over and over by coping the pages. Oh well, I decided to color Snoopy anyways for fun and I loved how it turned out :0).

Simply the title was my 1st thought that came into my mind after completing Snoopy. Because he is simply Snoopy, I adore the Peanuts gang so much he, Woodstock, and Linus have are my favs oh and of course good old Charlie.

Moving on, we got our hot water again (YAY!)! It turned out to be the pilot light did need to be relit; I got up that afternoon and had a bath *aahh*. I’ve mentioned before ideas for projects come to me in the unexpected places, well today it was in the tub. Before I got into my bath, I was putting together my bag of stuff I take to work you know stuff to do when I get done with the nightly chores to get ready for the morning. Usually I take crafty items, a book, a few magazines, etc. I decided to take the shadow box to work on that a little more, then as I shifted through my 8x8” stack of paper. I thought about having the kids make turkeys on Sunday, and I always try to find a new way to make turkeys every year since I have my kiddos till Kindergarten and I’m sure they don’t want to do the same handprint turkey year after year.

I decided they could just make paper turkeys simple this (the original idea wasn’t going to work this time maybe next year) and I had one of my empty ribbon spoolies that I was saving for a rainy day, or I was trying to figure out how to make an album from them (Vicki had a post about that a while back) anyways I was going to use the spoolie as my circle pattern because let’s be honest my freehand circles are not always round. I packed up extra supplies to work on the turkey tonight at work then took my bath.

As I sat in the tub I thought about the spoolies that I had well several of them, then it hit me why not make a turkey spoolie? It was like a million light bulbs went off at once *zing*!, I know I’ve said this before but if I could kiss my creative mind I would :-x!! What an awesome idea no? I can’t to put mine together then show y’all on here. I am so glad I didn’t throw them away!


Last but not least the rest of my day was pretty good. Feeling the creative surge I went to Goodwill to try again to find the right pair of jeans for my pocket purse. I did happen to find that is double the back pockets! I should have stopped there but no I had to look well I came home with a few other items. I had found this silk Chinese take-out box that I could not pass upon it could double as small purse. I looked at the vintage tins found one that was for tea and had kittens all over it; last but not least I found this rather whimsical piece. It’s hard to describe but I will have to photograph it and post here so you can see.

All in all it was a great day! I can’t wait to show you my finished turkey!!

Until then later days!

Comments

Popular Posts