1st Sketch Challenge

Drum roll please...

Here it is! My 1st sketch challenge set up by the talented (and g00d frined) Vicki *applause, applause* This the sketch:




And here is my finished product!







Strips: Cosmo Cricket-Ealry Bird: Cherry Pie (she's my cherry pie! Couldn't resist! :0))


American Traditional Designs-Summer Sizzle: brights (I tried to sneak in a least one lime since the paper was a combo of limes, lemons, and oranges)


Title Lime: Chip chatter-chipboard letters in hip. I painted the letters with apple barrel crylic in parakeet. Amy at PT said these were her favorite because you can do what ever to them she was right!













The oh so yummy cherries are chipboard stickers from K & Company: Berry sweet collection



Lime Green background paper was from PT's along with the paper.



Remeber in a previous post that I kept the bag from a recent trip to Sonic? Well it's in the layout!! That's the wide vertical piece and the lime wedge in the corner.





Your ultimate drink stip along the bottom is another photo of the menu board I took (zoomed in). I simply cut the top off and I can use the bottom half for another. I used the paper to give it a "pop".



I decided to use one word for the title like Vicki's exmaple because it just worked with the flow of things :0)



The journaling in the right hand corner is "Can every hour be happy hour?" If you're a Sonic junkie like me you know happy hour is from 2pm-4pm all week any size drink is half price *happy dance* but I am rarely up at 2 in the afternoon so that's why I came up with can every hour be happy hour *please??* Oh the clock is also from the Sonic menu board if you look closely enought at the menu board the next time you go to Sonic. Colors in pink and green on the cup just trying to within the color scheme a litte.



Last but not least the picture. In the sketch it's horizontal not vertical, Vicki had mentioned in her post that you didn't have to follow the skecth excatly just have fun and CREATE. Honestly I had a vertical shot of the lime aide but I wasn't feeling it, as I was this one. Also when I originally started the layout, I was afraid the picture would be too big, and I would have to reduce it but after some playing it worked out perfectly :0)



Makes you thirsty for one doesn't it?



Overall I think this turned out not too shabby and I am happy with it :0). Magjor fun to EXPAND your creative mind and go outside your element guess that's why it's called a challenge hur? LOL



Thanks Vicki for the challenge can't wait for the next!


Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get a RT. 44 Cherry Lime Aide! Cheers

(ps you can go onto my facebook page to see more pictures of this layout!)

and here's Vicki's blog: http://vickichrisman.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. Oh MAGGGIE!!! I'm so excited that you played along!!! And Diet Cherry Limeade is my very FAVE! I'm honored that you created this beautiful layout.. inspired by the sketch. I would LOVE to have you play along with challenge anytime you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NUMMY...I'd like to have some of that :) Wasn't that a fun challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun LO! It looks pretty yummy too! Fantastic job on the sketch! I love the bright colors and the touch of sparkle on the cherries!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts