Projects Part 2

What could be more exciting then a bunch of projects to keep a creative girl like me happy? Perhaps meeting Kenny Chesney or Bret Michaels? I know keep dreaming LOL. But that’s exactly what I have lots of projects to keep me going thankfully. With Halloween gone, along with Day of the Dead, and I think it’s too early for Christmas or even Thanksgiving; I am at a near standstill project wise. Of course I still have the pink ribbon project that I am plugging away on and as much I love pink, I need a break from the ribbons once in awhile.

I was routing in the closet the other day for something and came across a jumbo wooden clip that I scrapped years ago. This was the last out of a set of 3 from OTC the other two were scrapped too, and given away as gifts. I kept the last one and scrapped it for myself out of my punk paper that I had however I don’t even use the clip so it ended up in the closet, well Dad’s birthday is Wednesday and he is getting so hard to shop for so… I decided to rework the clip into a present for dad (there is that word again!). I had this Husker paper and stickers from K & Company forever; I really haven’t gotten much of a chance to use it except for the flowerpot I reworked (see previous post 9-11-09). Dad is of course a Husker fan so why not? Here is a before shot of the clip front and back:

















I kept the attitude and dangerously sweet sticker they can be glued (I think I may use them in another project in the near future)

And (drum roll) the reworked clip! I had to use more red letters on Dad’s because the kick only came with Red, Grey, black letters (3 of each), and black on black= no way.











I love how Little Red and the Nebraska 3-D stickers go so well with the red and black striped paper it’s almost intoxicating! Dad will love it!







Moving on another birthday gift my friend Becki’s is next Wednesday Veterans day (also Leonardo DiCaprio’s birthday btw) her hubby asked me if I could make her something Twilight-ish she like me and the rest of the female population is a big Twilight fan however she is the only one so far out of my group of friends that is a member of Team Jacob. Hmm I wasn’t sure what I could make for her then light bulb! It hit me I have these instructions from the Crafty Chica on how to make a shadow box from a cigar box (remember who bought all those cigar boxes and had no idea what to do with them?) So I think I will be making her a Twilight shadow box. The details are still in my head I do want to incorporate each object from the book cover:

Twilight: The Apple

New Moon: The red/white flower

Eclipse: The Red Ribbon

Breaking Dawn: The chest piece

Along with the Jacob/wolf elements I thought of howling wolf silhouettes oh and of course make it sparkle :o) I am hoping to get it done in a short period of time if not I may have to extend it who knows I could give it to her for Christmas if I don’t finish it one time.

Last but not least Vicki’s layout challenge sketch for this week. I have printed my pictures, got my supplies at PT (of course :o)) and am raring to go! I did a quick dry run with most of the elements down loosely and I think it’s going to work the way I want it to. Can’t wait to get started and to be quite honest, this is the first layout page I have done in awhile. I have just got back into scrapping thanks to Vicki’s blog and Amy’s store. I was doing here and there but not as much now as I was before so it feels good to be doing it again.

So I guess Taco Johns is now closed. Not even a week ago Mary told me they were closing guess it was a bit of a shock but also no surprise. From my experience and what I’ve heard they were going downhill too bad their potato ole rocked. Dad was concerned where he was going to get a decent taco burger well he and Barry went Saturday; dad said it tasted awful like grilse *eww*
:-P. But Mary sent me a text saying they were closed. Guess I can go to Taco Bell for my fix otherwise we have Gringos and Sana Anna’s too. But maybe we can get Long John Silvers back? Please? *Crosses fingers* Okay enough chatter better get to work on my challenge I will post Thursday my piece!


Happy Creating and later days!

Comments

Popular Posts