Manic Monday


I feel bad that I didn’t get on here earlier to post a layout that I worked on Friday. It was just one of those days where stuff needed to get done around this house. Mary’s bedding had to finish drying, I decided to wash my own bedding, dishes to be washed, and recycling to be sorted and organized. On a happy note I can’t wait to go home to fresh clean bedding I love the smell of Tide Laundry soap and our Snuggles fabric softer :0). Oh and I did get a new pillowcase at Hastings they had an Edward pillowcase! I know it's kinda obessive and funny at the same time but the teeny booper in me (or is it Twi booper??) said to seize the day and get it. So now I can say with confindence I sleep with Edward. *Hee hee hee* But I did hear on Extra tonight that they call Twilight fans Twi-hards hmmm.

Also I did play around with a few other layouts two vintages pieces one was a smaller size I wanna say around 5x7? I wanted the other to be a bit small than the norm (you know giving myself a challenge) but it just wasn't working on #2 so I put it aside then tried to work on a birthday card for Beck’s birthday no go on that either! Don’t you hate that when you have an idea in your mind but you can’t execute it on paper? (That's why you write your ideas down Maggie!) So I walked away from everything and did other things mentioned above I also took a bath (sometimes I’ve gotten my best ideas from the tub LOL) then ran errands. An idea did come to me but not for what I was working on already but for whole another idea in the drive through at McDonalds of all places! Love it when inspiration hits in the darndest places like the bathtub :0).

I have been so blessed to have my Cannon power shot digital camera; I have been remembering to take it to Sunday school because our kids do the silliest things! Like sticking foam sticker shapes on their faces instead of the paper, playing in the leaves like we did Sunday, or them just quietly coloring. But I had mentioned to Mary that I wanted to try and make a book of all the pictures I’ve taken. The idea became more real today where I thought do an individual book for each child, then have them take part in it too, drawing a picture of themselves, their hand print, etc and make it a real memory book that they can have at the end of the year genius! The size I went with will be 8x8” it’s not too big or too small. It is going to be a very fun long-term project for the kids and us to work on. Plus I loose two again in the summer so it’ll be awesome to have a keepsake for them too!


I did manage to get both vintage layouts done later. #2 is 12x12" I mean after looking at it again then some paper I had from the stack and arranging it before gluing, it worked so much better then 8x10" you'll see what I am taking about when I show them off soon!

Thanksgiving is around the corner but so is the annual Christmas walk in downtown, which also means the gingerbread contest is coming up too! Last year I participated my house was neat but hurried because at the last minute stuff wasn’t working. This year I am already trying to plan ahead in what I want to do. I have an Oreo cook book that I got at Wal-Mart years back it has a cookie craft section where it does have a house but also a rocket ship and a train. I liked both ideas but I’ve decided with the train to challenge myself a little more design wise.

It’s made from Graham crackers, Oreos, and candies. I am planning to do a practice one in weeks ahead so I know what I am dealing with time wise. Cool part is that the Holiday Oreos are out and along with these new ones that are red/white candy cane flavored might be fun to use as tires. Actually the book only shows the steam engine I’d like to make a couple cars and put a Santa at the wheel (the book has an Oreo man in it) and make Oreo men elves too! I can’t wait to get started on this project it will be fun!

I promise soon I will have some layout goodness to show you again be patient with me okay? Okey dokey then till next time!

Comments

Popular Posts