Neon

Recently I have been to listening to my old John Mayer CD's (I have yet to get his new CD wonder why that is?) but I forgot how much I ♥ him! His voice is so soothing I used to fall asleep to his music but both the CD's I have are so badly scratched :-( means they've been listened to a lot! I should try to clean them but you know me. Anyways these lyrics remind me of myself so I thought I'd share them with you:


Neon

When sky blue gets dark enough to see the colors of the city lights a trail of ruby red
and diamond white hits her like a sunrise

she comes and goes and comes and goes like no one can

tonight she's out to lose herself and find a high on Peachtree Street from mixed drinks to techno beats it's always heavy into everything

she comes and goes and comes and goes like no one can she comes and goes and no one knows she's slipping through my hands

she's always buzzing just like neon, neon neon, neon who knows how long,
how long, how long she can go before she burns away

I can't be her angel now you know it's not my place to hold her down and it's hard for me
to take a stand when I would take her anyway I can

she comes and goes and comes and goes like no one can she comes and goes and no one knows she's slipping through my hands

she's always buzzing just like neon, neon neon, neon who knows how long, how long, how
long she can go before she burns away.


It's been a crazy weekend and I all I can say I am ready for it to be OVER!

Later Days

Comments

  1. Maggie, if you like John Mayer, Kenny Chesney...ect.. you have to give Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers I try! I LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts