A new month and a challenge

My friend Vicki on her page has come up with a challenge on her blog she provided a sketch and wants to come up with our own ideas then show it our blogs by Friday November 6th. I think that can be arranged! I am thinking along the lines of doing the cherry lime aide page or my Snoopy-coloring sheet. The gears are turning it also means having to possibly go to Amy’s shop for supplies woo hoo *jumping up and down*!! I think I’ve studied the sketch and her example pretty good now I can’t wait to show you mine!! Thanks Vicki you rock!

Meanwhile back at the ranch (ha ha ha) Halloween (like the weekend) came and went. Friday was a pretty crazy day I had made a run into Omaha Target had a sale and I was still on a mission to find a hat for mom. I ended up making an extra stop then I had planned on stopping at Hobby Lobby and Michaels but I was exhausted and ended up going home (I hadn’t gone to bed when I got off right away) earlier before going into Omaha, I had gotten my flu shot at work, came home did a load of laundry, washed my hair, and watched a quick episode of Sex and the City. But dad had taken Wednesday afternoon, Thursday, and Friday off sine there was no school and it was his weekend to check the Middle school. I called him on my way home and asked if he wanted to meet for lunch so we had a yummy lunch then we quick hit two more thrift stores in town, since I hadn’t found anything at Goodwill in Omaha.

We had gone to Community thrift and a 2nd Look. Now I like a 2nd Look because that’s where I found my lovely juice pouch purse but they are expensive! Ok I have heard people say Goodwill is expensive too but holy cow. I had seen these Looney Tunes neck ties with Bugs on them, I was thinking along the lines of the tie purse, well I saw the price and they were $3.00 a piece. I thought that was a bit much. I saw these funky belts possibly from JCP or the Buckle for $20.00! Dad happens to know the lady at the register (she worked at FMS) so he visited while I looked around then I saw it. When I had gotten my juice pouch purse, I had seen a Louie Vuitton purse for around $25.00. I know there are knock offs like with Gucci and at the time (during JCF days) I thought it was an actual LV again I don’t how you can tell the real from a fake since well I am not ready to give up my right arm for an LV (yet) I glanced at the purse it had the LV logos all over it and the front label in leather said Louie Vuitton, Paris France so I assumed it was the real deal. Jump to now Friday afternoon present day in the glass display case at the front of the shop where that SAME LV sits now with the price tag of *drum roll*$100 smackers. I am guessing that my instincts where right and it is the real deal (I bet some one pointed it out) so into a display case it went. Still I wouldn’t give up my right arm for it when a $100 large could go toward Shorty’s payment or scrap booking supplies *dreaming big* besides the bag was on the small side probably wouldn’t get much in it anyways. But whoever purchases the LV will be one lucky lady to have find an authentic LV in Fremont, NE LOL :-D.

Moving on back to the hat search, I happen to find a cute straw like purple floppy hat that worked perfectly at Community Thrift. I added a bright neon green daisy to the top of it. After the shopping trip I went home and crashed till almost 5, then got up Mary and I went to the MLC women’s basketball season opener however it was called for weather till 9 because the other team was coming from Denver (go figure) so we had time to kill. We went and had supper at Runza when I got a text from a fellow OTC co-worker who gave me the code for 50% off at Payless. In case you didn’t know Oprah was giving away the coupon to Payless to get 50% off your entire purchase I had seen it on FB but didn’t get a chance to print it, Mary had told me she got a coupon from her sister and got herself a pair. After supper we hurried to Payless and it was a ZOO! Everyone was in getting their shoes at 50% off (can’t say I blame them shoes are so expensive) I ended up with one cute pair of Pink and Black Airwalks.

Later at the game the Lady Warriors won their game it was a great one! When we got home we had some last minute Halloween chores to do. I had to finish painting my pumpkins, do my nails to go with my costume, and some quick cleaning so I didn’t get to bed till late.

Saturday was a crazy day too, got mom ready and listened to Nebraska’s near victory. She looked so cute! Hung out for a while to watch her hand out candy, left to get some last minute goodies for our party. I made dirt cups for our dessert I know there is a dry version of them but I had watched The Little Couple on TLC Tuesday and Jenn Arnold made dirt with chocolate pudding to represent mud she added crushed Oreos to it, and whipped cream. So I did just that and layered the dry/wet top it off with whip cream (ghosts) it was yummy!

Sunday was kind of a kick back day taught Sunday school we’re getting ready for the Christmas program which is early this year (yay?? :-/) Then I read to the kids and they made handprint angel wings (super cute!) later after a nap Mary and I joined dad and Barry at Pohocco Lutheran’s annual soup supper. What was the neat part we sat a right near a local celebrity Moostash Joe! Dad was chatting it up with him saying how my sister is a huge fan of his polka music and Joe made the comment to dad and you don’t? LOL! We gave dad such a hard time later that he put himself in a pickle :-).

Wow that was a lot huh? Thanks for sticking around! I am off to brainstorm for my challenge!

See you again real soon!

Comments

Popular Posts