Altered ego

I have started a box at home of goodies to alter just random things like empty ribbon spools, Altoids tins, a plastic heart shaped candy box from V-day, etc, & etc. Well after completing my projects, I really didn’t have anything new to work and really the only productive thing I have done besides prepare my essay for the love shrine and put the final touches on it, was cut out pictures from a few magazines before they went to recycling. So I rooted in that box yesterday in hopes to maybe find something I could alter to amuse my creative mind until a new issue of Pack-O-Fun comes out or another birthday comes up (next month).

What I grabbed from the box was two small jewelry sized boxes from Christmas, and my Altoids mini tin. The tin I had started by gluing some paper in it but that was as far as I had gotten with that. What is awesome with the jewelry boxes is have two projects in one because you have the lid and the bottom to play with! First box is a grey box that contained my funky charm bracelet in it here’s what I did with the lid:



I had leftover EK success monkey stickers and I had gotten more of the funky double sided palm tree paradise paper by reminisce from PT’s along with monkey business stickers also by reminisce. Mr. monkey and his bananas *grins*, this is for Shannon she loves monkeys plus she is on PTO this week and the office isn’t the same with out her :-( I added the vines along the top and sides; then added a ribbon in the back for hanging which you can't see (I cheated and taped it).

Next up the bottom (tee hee bottoms up!!):



I’ve got spring fever so I created a mini garden with some flower and butterfly patches. I used pop dots from fiskars, I wish I had more of the mini daisy patch in the right handed corner to fill up the empty space I’ll have to see what I can find otherwise if (that is a BIG if) Wal-Mart has the assorted patches pack, I can get more. But what the cool part is on the bottom a ribbon is already attached because when I got the bracelet it was hanging on a display wall at Wal-Mart.

The other box is from a necklace I got from my sister for Christmas. The lid is still in the works and I haven’t done anything with the bottom yet. The mini Altoids tin, I have gotten a bit further but not much I want the right thing for that ya know?
I have my St. Patricks day tag card half done just needing to find a stamp I should get up and go to PT's to see if they have one plus the store is getting a makeover AND on their blog I found out they got these sweet rings I may just to splurge and get one *grins*
I will be back a day or so to share my love shrine after I get it submitted!!
Until then later days!

Comments

Popular Posts