Irish Lassie

HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!! Totally excited to the day, having lunch with some of my girls from work then home to bake Key Lime Pie *yum* and try this new drink recipe (non alcoholic) too! But I knew I had to share something Irish today so I made this sign with the help of Crafty Secrets:



I used the lid from a cigar box. The mad for plaid paper is from Best Creations (love it!) double sided, green flowers are from OTC, and then the little shamrock in the corner is from the other side of the plaid paper. You can’t see it the picture but the ribbon was from Wal-Mart and was originally was going to be used for my tag cards but it was too busy. Overall super cute!

I am working on a post of my favorite color green things for tomorrow but for now I’ll leave you with some fun facts on the four-leaf clover:

Symbols:

The leaves of the four-leaf clover each symbolize something:

One leaf is faith

The second is hope

The third is love

And the fourth (of course) is luck

Trinity and Grace

St. Patrick used the four-leaf clover to explain the Holy Trinity-father, son, and the Holy Spirit. Irish tradition says that when a four-leaf clover is found the fourth leaf, represents God’s grace.

By the numbers

It is estimated that there are approximately 10,000 three-leaf clovers for every four-leaf clover.


Source: 2009 Fremont Tribune


Have a great and safe St. Patrick’s Day!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts