Green with envy

I know St. Patrick's Day is over but I have to do a randomness post in pictures of a few of my favorite items in my favorite color GREEN!






My green purse aka the carpetbagger purse. Got it at Old Navy on clearance love it!





My Irish purse charm ♥







My favorite gum Extra Spearmint (the inside label says No spears were harmed in the making of this gum LOL)




Lime for my tea and Key lime pie. I love the smell of Lime!





Yoyo from Hoops and Yoyo. Isn't he a cutie?




Green carnations for St. Patrick's Day. I also love the smell of carnations!






Green m&m's. What is it about the green ones?





Green Beer.





I saw this produce truck pull up next to me at the traffic light yesterday. I thought how lucky is that? So I had to quick snap a photo of it :)

_________________________________

I had a great St. Patrick's Day. I had lunch with a few of my co-workers at Keno, took a carnation to mom, enjoyed the SUNSHINE *yay!*, and baked my pie. I also made a key lime pie refresher and a Ginger-Lime Iced Green Tea which I've decided to share the recipe with you because it's good!

Ginger-Lime Iced Green Tea

Makes 4 servings

1 quart water

2 thin slices of giner (about 1 inch in diameter) I used the spice as opposed to the root about 2 tablespoons to taste worked just as good.

4 green tea bags

1/2 cup sugar, divded (I used Splenda)

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 to 3 limes)

Ice Cubes

Sugared lime slices (optional)

1. Bring water and ginger to a boil in a large saucepan. Pour water over tea bags in teapot or 4-cup heat-proof measuring cup; (I used my tea pitcher) steep 3 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags and ginger. Stir in 1/4 cup sugar; cool tea to room temp.

2. Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar with lime juice; add to tea. Pour tea into 4 ice filled glasses. Garnish with lime slices if desired.

This drink doesn't have to be for St. Pat's it can be used for any day! I think it'd be awesome drink for a BBQ or on a hot summer day. I love tea anyways so this is an nice option :)

I am going post dating my project for Vicki later this week. So until then have a good one!

Comments

Popular Posts