Typical Nebraska Weather

Hi! Yesterday was the most beautiful day we’ve had in a very long time and I knew I’d be mad if I didn’t get up and try to enjoy it since by the weekend it will be nasty. Got to love Nebraska weather! So I got up dressed, grabbed my trusty cannon power shot and went for a drive. I decided after a cruise around town that I decided to make a trip to Kennard, which was my Grandma Adams’s hometown when I was little before she moved to Fremont, so I went back home for a pit stop and some ginger lime green tea. I put some Santana in the CD player and was on my way.

When I reached Kennard my first stop was the park. As a kid that is a typical place mainly I wanted to see if they still had these tractor tires that I used to climb on were still there. Sure enough they were a few of the old pieces were there along with some new equipment. One of the old pieces is this gatepost that you swing around on I remember I used to love that! The only thing that wasn’t there was the old monkey bars sigh. I was heading back to my car when I crossed paths with a gardener snake! If that isn’t a sign of spring I don’t what is!! Suppose if I wasn’t so freaked I would took its picture…

After some pictures of the equipment I drove around I was trying to find my grandmother’s old home, I think I came across it but I will have to ask Dad for sure because the house was for sale and if it is the house I would like to have a look at it. Funny I can remember the park rather well but the house I draw a blank the only thing I remember is her screen door.

Next when I returned back to Fremont, I had some time on my hands so I ended up at Ridge Cemetery which is one of our three cemeteries in town but the one that has all the history. As a kid I used to have a slight fear of cemeteries you know with scary movies and such but after some time I found that they are not so scary just the final resting place and that they can bring you peace. I felt that peace as I walked around a bit; I took some shots of some the old interesting tombstones. I’ve been to Ridge many times and I always find something that I hadn’t discovered before, I came across today the Lutheran Orphans Home. I knew about there was a plot there but never came across it, when I had found it today I approached it from the back and I saw all these names and they (the graves) were all lined up neatly at first I thought it was a family plot but when I got to the other side I noticed what the plot was-very sad. I hard time taking pictures of that plot.

I had made a quick drive over to Calvary the Catholic cemetery across the way because the batteries on my camera were dying (don’t you hate when that happens?). I wanted to get a few shots of Jesus on the cross with the two Mary’s statues.

I will hopefully soon get some pictures up here of my journey it was nice. I would like to travel and one of my main stops will be at cemeteries. I want to go to Elmwood, which is in Tennessee heard that has tons of history in it and then of course in New Orleans where people are buried above ground and the Voo doo legends that exist there. Someday.

That’s it for me I will be back Monday with my project from Vicki!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Comments

Popular Posts