About time crackers

Yeah I can y’all saying well it’s about time she gets around to sharing those darn crackers or party poppers she’s been promising us. I apologize for slackerness on these better late than never right?

But before the picture I want to share a little brief background from what I know of the crackers or poppers. Before I became a Twilight nerd, I was a Harry Potter nerd. In the first book, Harry stays home over the Christmas holiday at Hogwarts where crackers are given as favor to the students, the pop like a firecracker and have goodies in them. When Harry opens his cracker he receives his own set of Wizard’s chest. I’m guessing that crackers come from England? If I am wrong let me know okay?

Anyways here are mine:





No. Mine do not explode like a firecracker (can you imagine the trouble that would cause?) I’ve known how to make the crackers for a while but the instructions are from my paper craft book. They are made from toilet paper tubes, tissue paper, white paper, and ribbon. Plus filled with small toys and confetti. Note: you can put candy inside of them too but I try to avoid that with my kiddos we’re trying a healthier approach.

What I didn’t know is that you can cover the tubes with white paper before hand. I used my clear tacky glue and well after putting the paper on the 1st tube it left a clumpy bumps behind. So instead I used double stick tape, I recommend a glue stick for this or the tape.

Best part of this craft it is another use-what-you-have craft. We were saving the tubes for something else but was never used, the snowflake tissue from a Christmas gift I had received, and the green I had leftover. Okay but I did buy the curling ribbon on clearance for .33 cents. Other than that, I also used small toys from the kiddos prize bucket.

This is such a great favor idea for parties, New Years, and Christmas in Better Homes and Gardens it suggest putting like mini flash drives, movie tickets, or I suppose you squeeze an I-pod shuffle in them. You can even use a paper towel tube for the movies tickets.

To open them is pretty easy just grab both ends and pull.


*********************************

It’s snowing AGAIN, I am very tired of it ALL come on spring!
Have a great start to the week!

Comments

Popular Posts