Husker Album Tin

Well when I posted yesterday thinking it was Saturday turns out it was only Friday whoops darn Holiday threw me off! Can’t even remember if I was thrown off like that last week or not either but then oh yeah I was shoveling snow so it probably didn’t occur to me and if I did knowing my blonde little head I don’t remember typical.

Anyhoo I will show you the crackers SOON as in maybe tomorrow, they are done they just need to be tied and photographed. My New Year was spent most of it in bed; I did awake to eat lunch then slept till Tim buck two that I so needed. But I do have something to share with you anyways.

It’s a late Husker craft three days now after our shut out victory I kept thinking to myself “Where was this idea when I wanted to share the day of the game?” I swear my mojo does this to me for a cheap laugh oh well. :0)

Husker album tin:



Think of it as Grandma’s brag book for die-hard Huskers fans (good sales pitch eh? *grins*). I’ve had these “mint tins” from OTC forever and a day the problem is this poor little guy has been re-worked so much (that word again!) quite honestly I thought I’d never complete a project with it. I have 3 of them one of which is still a work in progress this one NOW complete, and third MIA, which tells me that 1. I need to find the other tin or 2. Break down and order more of them so I can fulfill all my creative ideas then re-working the poor guy er tin to death.


Ok back to the tin. I am quite proud this here tin was made from my leftover scraps from K & Company. The sticker is one of now 3 I have left from that pack, and of course the famous ribbon along the bottom, I love that ribbon so much I have yet to grow tired of and I need to get more of plus I should get the wider ribbon too!


Here is a side shot:


And here is the front page of the album:




Now for the album, the inserts originally were accordion fold my plan 1st was to keep it that way but would be hard to execute and get the papers to fit right so I ended up pulling them apart, and punching holes in the sides. The back I left white for journaling space, the white ribbon was the very last piece I had from when I made the large fan box, it worked perfectly to hold these pages together so I had some black ribbon as well. I could of used red ribbon but I this was a use-what-you-had project that I am quite proud of.

Sidebar: I love the sheer ribbon! I think it’s called Garbo? But when I look at all the neat ribbon at Wal-Mart my eye goes right to that not only is it elegant but so easy to work with you’ll see it more of my projects to come the black I’ve used in two other projects.


******************

In other project news, I am still working out my details for the Chinese New Year craft-o-rama. I have only 5 crafts so far in which I thought rats “I’ve could of sworn I had more” hmmm. Perhaps I can come up with a card too or something. I am trying to avoid biting the bullet and ordering anything from OTC except maybe their beads.

Also I plan on signing up for a class at PT’s next week (as part of my resolution). Bummer part they’re two that I want to do in the same week beer box and game board album but I have resist temptation and only sign up for 1 right now the beer box album class and the other will have to wait best part about PT’s they offer the classes again but the other class I want to do is at the end of the month the license plate album. Can’t wait!

I know there is a ton more to say but I’ll stop for today and I will finally share those crackers.
Be sure to come back!

Comments

Popular Posts