Hair sticks for a Ramen Girl

Whoop! Whoop! I am SO happy that I am now getting a Chinese New Years craft up here. I will try to post something at least once a week or so but I want to try and stretch them out until February unless I find something else to share I am still looking because all I have is 5 projects and I feel that’s not enough so we shall see with the old creative mind comes up with *grins*.

I was deeply saddened by the sudden of Brittney Murphy a month ago she was such a gifted actress. One of her moves I recently seen is called Ramen Girl where she works in a Ramen shop in Tokyo, where she hopes to become a Ramen Master. In the movie Murphy puts her hair up with chopsticks. This craft is in memory of her:





These hair sticks come from my BFF craft book, and yes if you haven’t guessed they are made from chopsticks. Pretty simple to make too I just used floss, glue, and glass snowflake beads for a cute wintery look. There are so many variations to this you can paint it too! Chopsticks are so easy to get too of course free at any Chinese restaurant or Wal-Mart sells them in bulk just check out the ethic foods section.


**************************************

Update on our ceiling it leaked worse Tuesday night, I didn’t see how bad until Wednesday afternoon there it looked like a war zone! There were even bubbles in the ceiling not good especially when your inner child is telling to poke at said bubbles no worries I didn’t. Landlord finally sent someone over Wednesday morning to clear the roof at 9:30am. I tried to sleep through it; I swear its punishment for me staying up till about 9 watching Season 2 of Ugly Betty.

I am plugging away at my Valentines getting them glued to paper and cute to size. I’m kind of going off the same idea I did for my Halloween cards, which really wasn’t the plan but funny how things work out like that in the creative world always expect the un-expected. But I made another card from Pack-O-Fun that I’ll share tomorrow to probably end the week.


I am eager for pay day because I really want to either order my crafty chica goodies from I ♥ to create or I want to buy something from her Etsy shop one of her bracelets (like I need another damn bracelet) or one of her husbands sweet paintings. Knowing me I’ll probably buy some of her goodness because I have been dying to get my hands on her iron-on transfers and her glitter for a while.


Later days!

Comments

Popular Posts