Dragon!

Well it’s that time again, for another Chinese New Years craft:





And what’s Chinese New Years without a dragon? Mr. Dragon here is from an old issue Family Fun magazine in 2007? My friend Peggy yanked this page out of the magazine along with others (she works in an dentist office) for me and I kept them never know when you’ll be inspired!

Anyways Mr. Dragon is made of foam, wired ribbon and glitter glue pens. I dislike glitter glue pens because even though they come out of a little tip I always seem to get it all over LOL. He was a bit tricky to make though because trying to get everything to look right was challenging and the darn teeth was a total pain so that’s why they look a bit crooked they didn’t have orthodontist back in those times! I wouldn’t recommend this craft to my kiddos but older kids could do this.

Dragons are so important to China and their culture I wanted to give some of the meanings but when I goggled it on wikipedia it gave a HUGE definition I was like um no. But I do mean dragons mean a lot of different things like Harmony, Heaven, protection and power. I can see why they are so important. I remember a few years back at Joslyn they had an exhibit of the last dynasty in China (if anyone has seen the Last Emperor know what I am talking about) and the dragon was in just about every piece I saw especially the Warrior robes so neat. It’s kind of interesting because in midevil times dragons are feared creatures but in China they are honored to each it’s own huh?

I am working on the next craft part of it requires drying time so trying to be ahead of the game on this one since Mr. Dragon took some time. I may even post early on it we’ll see on creative miracle at a time *grins* But I am on the last leg of my projects for now I should hopefully get them done over the weekend. Then I don’t what’s next as of yet. I did dig out some duct tape maybe I whip together another purse *shrugs shoulders*. I don’t know I hate being at the almost end of my creative rope here which means two things:

1. I need another trip to PT’s for some paper to work on the album restoration or some cool Jenny Bowlin bingo cards to play with

2. A trip to Omaha for the Big two Hobby Lobby and Michaels possibly 3 if you toss in Yesterday’s scrapbooks

Both sound sooo good yeah? :0) I haven’t done any layouts since the Holidays maybe I should focus on that for a while.

I don’t really have anything else today you know about my busy week next week; I should really squeeze sometime to go to the antique stores in Fremont. We have some of the best stores I need to go loose myself for a while and maybe get inspired that is going to be a priority now.


I will be back soon to share more goodies!

Comments

Popular Posts