Sunday Thoughts: Miss World of Wheels 2018

In case you haven't noticed I started to write on Sundays. I am calling it "Sunday thoughts" I am not sure how often I will keep this up but when I have something on my mind that doesn't fit into my normal blogging format it will go here.

I wanted to write about the Miss World of Wheels pageant that was held Saturday (Also Kid Rock was going on at the same time!!) This was Omaha's FIRST pinup contest at World of Wheels and I was selected to be apart of it! 14 of us babes made history that night!

When I registered I had no idea that I would had to wait to be chosen to be a part of this contest which was a new territory for me. At Daisy Jones Summer Spectacular it was first come first serve when the shop opened. To be selected to be apart of this experience was amazing! Getting that e-mail just made me happy the stars aligned for me for sure!




This is my 2nd pinup contest so I am no stranger to it now the setup was very similar to DJSS  which was a big relief to me. I know other pinup contests do more including day wear, swim suits, evening wear and even talent! Maybe one day I will do one of those. For now this has been fun! After I got chosen I ordered my dress from Le Bomb Shop stay tuned for that review! Which I feel in love! It was so perfect in so many ways!

The day of the show came I wasn't feeling my normal pinuppy self. I had worked the night before, had a headache, the weather was really weird too (rain, hail, thunder snow!?!) and I was really bummed out that only 1 friend was able to make it to the show (Tip: Please support your pinups!!! It means everything to them!!) I got home did a mud mask, bathed, then rolled my hair for the pageant.

But I DID NOT SLEEP. I gave up around 11:30-Noon I got up, ordered pizza (because why not) watched Cry Baby then Gentleman prefer Blondes. Then I put on JD McPherson (my getting ready tunes) and started to even get ready. I even bought false eyelashes (remember I hate people going near my eyes!!) My wet set didn't take as well, and I was feeling a tad defeated but once I put on the dress, the petticoat things seemed to fall together. The weather was cold which didn't help matters plus we had to walk a couple blocks to the Century Link Center from our parking spot (again Kid Rock, the car show AND it was St. Patrick's Day also guess who left her flats in the car?) we got there and I ran into a few of my pinups then went on a mission to find Dale Junior (who WAS there by the way but Noon-2pm sob sob!) then checked out the cars:


Does it still count as a fangirl moment that I saw Herbie???


I took a total of four car pics (oops)

Once all the gals arrived it was exciting to see everyone's look no two of us looked the same! There was even different colors of green! Even some vintage styles came into play! (Another reason why I love pinup) We met the program designer who was a former pinup she went over the process of the pageant, then I got my number:

Yes my dress has pockets!


Also my eyelashes did not survive me stepping on stage! Oh well I will have to practice!

Then it was go time! I usually don't have a problem with nerves up until I crossed the stage (I did have tummy problems prior to the event which went away yay nerves) I did have a moment when I was on stage and it was Q & A time I was asked about my hair flowers (I wore one of the pieces from Tara Nashville) what kind of flowers they were (I guessed) and the color because I have the exact same flowers in pink! Brain fart!

I didn't make it past the first round which is okay I was super proud of the ladies that advanced and the winner my super gorgeous friend Heather aka Ivy Ray:



More pictures of the show to come soon!

Anyways, our pinup community is the BEST ever! But the program designer said that most cities they do the pinups are catty towards one another and that sort of surprised me because when I got into the pinup community I was welcomed with open arms, I am a apart of a couple FB pinup groups and it's been nothing but good experiences all around. That makes me a bit sad because anyone can do pinup regardless of size, color of skin, background, age etc. Cattiness is so childish and I admit that's why I was a bit afraid to enter the pinup community but the ladies here are amazing which I am grateful for because they don't judge and are just straight up awesome!

This is why I wear the pretty dresses, not only does it gives me a confidence boost, it makes feel good about myself which is something I haven't felt in a long time, I love the thrill of standing on stage, getting the compliments, meeting the babes in the awesome community, the history behind pinups and it filled a hole in my life that has been missing for so long. I will do pinup as long as I can and I plan to bring my A game the next time I compete!

A tad blurry but here's a group shot!



Happy Sunday,

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts