Cherry: Hobby Lobby

This wasn't my planned post. In fact, I was going to share my recent trip to the Brass Armadillo over the weekend but I forgot to take a picture of one the items I got in use I swore I took it but then my phone must not have saved it? Ugh!!

But as luck would have it because I am that good (ha ha) I had a few posts on the old back burner (anyone else do this?) waiting to see the light of day, so for now it's this post about some of my kitchen updates!

***************************************************


Darn you Hobby Lobby! (but seriously I love you).  I saw on Instagram that they have a vintage cherry collection! And I lost my ever loving mind! So I HAD to go armed with a 40% off coupon and go to my local Hobby Lobby (which I am so happy that my town has one at last!).

I had to compose myself not to BUY ALL THE THINGS. Which they had some really cute stuff. They didn't have the cute dishes however, kind of bummed me out because I would like to incorporate  red into my dishes (Still have black and white ones) so I may go my old Hobby Lobby location to see if they have them.

I wasn't intending to change up my kitchen all that much, for the most part I had been happy. But after purchasing some of the cherry items, then an item on sale and the magnets for my marker board. When I got home, I immediately started to declutter  a bit more in my kitchen which has been sort of a long term project, I have been emptying my cupboards, etc. So I cleaned the top of my fridge which needed it so bad and my before picture didn't turn out here is the after:

This is the front of the fridge. I need to add something else to the machine



I hadn't realized how cluttered the top of my fridge was! Anyone else have this problem? But once I got rid of everything then gave it a good scrubbing I was pleased on how nice it looked.



From the left, the "vintage" cafeteria tray which I considered using for real but then I found a stand for it and I love how it looks on top of my fridge along with the glass milk bottle which I have three of this one was from Valentines (it was filled with kisses) then I picked up a single cherry sculpture as opposed to the double since it was a bit more.

I picked up this cute cherry plaque:


I found this picture on clearance for $10 it's a black white Texaco station:


Which I swapped out from my LOVE painting I did at the Corky Canvas. I had no real intentions of swapping out pictures but I really love how this looks in my kitchen.

This was my splurge but I got a cake stand. I wanted to DIY one for the longest time but I had never found any pieces to do it so I picked this up instead it has my aesthetics: red, polka dots and bottle caps!


The last item I got was not for my kitchen but for the ugly phone jack cover:


Sums up my humor and love for my cat Stark!


I still have no relief from my hives sadly so I am getting a 2nd opinion hopefully today. It has been really frustrating to say the least and no to mention embarrassing!

Have a great week!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts