Sunday thoughts: I said yes!

Whoosh.

I wasn't sure how to go about this post. And to even put it out there on the inter-webs is another. But here we are. I decided NOT to post on my social medias because I know how people get (more on that later) however in the past week 2 bloggers/You Tubers made their own proclamations so here I am making mine.

As you may (or may not) know I am single. Going on 5 years after my last relationship. Prior to that I was single for almost 10 years it was 8 never been married (almost engaged but not really) and have had only 3 relationships a few flings and a ton of crushes then being crushed.

Once upon a time, I used to be a starry-eyed dreamer of the happily ever after that I had pounded into my head by fairy tales, stories and those cornball movies (don't get me wrong I still like those once in awhile) I used to play bride, dress up my Barbies and hopes I would find the ONE who would be my forever. My parents will be married for 50 years next year which in this day and age of divorce land is no small feat. They genuinely love each other and my dad's a stand up guy. They married young (mom 19 dad 22) had 3 kids, but their life wasn't far from perfect 2 kids with disabilities, mom herself becoming disabled ending up in a nursing home, then a passing of one of their children the list goes on but yet here they are almost 50 years later. My grandparents (dad's parents) were married over 50 years as well-I wanted that.

I was obsessed with marriage in my early 20's and planned my dream wedding only to have it taken away only because part of me got finally saw the light. I reached 30 and the idea of marriage no longer became a reality all my friend's were getting married before me (or had already) and I felt left out (FOMO as it were) and I just thought it would never be my turn. The whole catching the bouquet at weddings became a lie (I've caught it 3 times for the record) and I knew my chance would never come. No proposal on a ferries wheel, no big fancy bling ring, no dream Rockabilly wedding, no happily ever after.

But this is not a sad post or a pity one. I discovered that I can be happy on my own and that I can wear a ring on my left finger without it having to mean I'm engaged. Last week, a blogger & You Tuber I follow Beauty in the Buff wrote this meaningful post and I realized that I am not alone in my standards when it comes to my next possible relationship, that there is nothing wrong with me and that it's okay if I chose me.

A month ago, I made a post about "Saving yourself" and I got a lot of likes but only one person made a comment more or less saying that I was "angry with men and bitter".  Which had NOTHING to do with said post. I was merely pointing out that I have been on my own for a long time (since 9 years of age) and 99% of the time I've had to fight my own battles as it were without any help from the opposite sex. Most of my single gal friends ratio on Facebook is less but we are strong women don't get it twisted. Yes there are times it sucks not to have that extra hand when I need it but it has taught so much more and I gained so much confidence in myself which I really needed. It's taught me that I can fend for myself just fine.


Which brings me to another You Tuber Louise Pentland post this video on International Women's Day:

And it got me thinking. I should buy my own ring, make a pledge to myself to basically chose myself first over anyone else. I went to Old Navy on Friday and spent a good few minutes in the jewelry section looking/trying on different rings. From the ultimate bling to the simplest of bands, even flower rings. I decided to step out of my comfort zone a bit and pick a gold ring which isn't my metal color choice (silver babe all the way) and I don't have to get something  with bling but still has still has sparkle. So I found an X ring which I chose because of the Sylvia Day Crossfire books where Eva gives Gideon an X ring.

Cap helping me showing off my ring


After I purchased said ring, I stuck in on while walking, then I went to Barnes and Noble, had Starbucks and chilled. But on Saturday, I took time wrote my own personal vows (seen below) and celebrated with leftover pink champagne from NYE (it's was flat womp womp) but I felt more at peace with my life. Plus fits great on my left hand as opposed to my right so it's meant to be and as Louise says "It's just a finger".

Now this doesn't mean I am anti marriage, or anti relationship it just means that right now, since I am trying to figure out my life and I am living my best life. I am going to Miss World of Wheels (soon!), Going to Dita Von Teese, and just enjoying myself without the worry of a finding the one. If by chance find someone so be it but I am not looking, I originally thought of attempting dating again but when my X reached out to me last year it was a red flag that I was not ready to date I still have to work through my own issues to get to where I want in my life before I let another into it. If that makes sense. I have been rambling a lot here!

Okay last but not least my "vows"

I Miss Mag Nificent promise to put myself 1st. To love myself always no matter what. To believe in myself and chase my own dreams. To Carpe that fucking Deim every chance I get to buy the damn dress because life is too short. Give my body tacos and doughnuts. To never settle for anything less to sparkle and shine always.

I am my own hero
I will save myself!

With this ring X I will remember to love, honor, and respect myself as a woman and as Samantha Jones says to love me more.xx.

Have a great week!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent 



Comments

Popular Posts