November Thrift Haul: Flying Worm Vintage

I know today is black Friday, and last year I shared some "deals" you can get from some of your favorite shops but instead of that or a regular Fashion Friday I am sharing my regular monthly thrift haul which I might just scale back to the $10 monthly challenge, that way at least I have one haul posted? Who knows but I love to thrift as much as the next gal so.....

I'll start with that one and work my way backwards leading up to major chunk of my haul which is from Flying Worm Vintage. Plus an indoor garage sale and another vintage shop!





From the garage sale I managed to snag this little white beaded purse (reminded me of a wedding) and this beaded bag which I am pretty sure could be used as a make up bag (not for me but you know) One was a $1 and the other .75 cents so I could not pass them up plus I have started a vintage purse clutch collection (I know another collection!)


Two Fridays ago, I took a trip down to the Old Market and Flying Worm Vintage which happens to be one of my favorite thrift stores, I went there back in September so I gave myself a month off (ha ha) before I stopped there again. I tend to spend a little too much money there (oops) but in the same building as Flying Worm there is Antique Annex and Pretty in Patina Boutique. I stopped in both their shops after my spree at Flying Worm.

Here's my haul with everything together:





I'll start with Pretty in Patina Boutique (the pictures in the center and then the heart shaped sunglasses brooch).

FW shares a building with a few other shops they are connected to each other by a cool alley. There is Antique Annex which I stopped in and found nada but I spotted Pretty in Patina, and I could smell the vintage in fact it was an overwhelming scent which is something I have never experienced before! They carried a lot of jewelry at Burlington in Lincoln also some designer handbags I think used? But what drew my eye was the vintage pictures sitting in a standing bin. The one on the right is John Wayne, my mom's "heart throb" so I plan to frame that and give it to her as a Christmas. To left of Mr. Wayne is Launa Turner. I was drawn to her and knew she had to come home with me, the upper right picture is none other than Cary Grant. They are now both framed in my room


The next item is hard to see but you will see it in the picture below, is a heart shaped sunglasses brooch which was $10 which to me it should have been $5 it's in good condition in all but not $10 but I loved it so I gave in.


 Now onto Flying Worm:



One of the things FW is known for is their selection of used Converse shoes which your know I love Converse shoes and I start there to see if I can find my size. Both times I have lucked out I found these orange Chuck Taylors and also true vintage Converse one stars (from last month) and I am happy to say that all the Converse I've seen at FW are great condition (minus one pair that had doodles on it) so I am happy to pay the $20 for the shoes.

Next, I got some vinyl. One is not pictured but was a birthday present for my dad and that was an Elvis religious vinyl (which dad had already the CD of) it was on this Joe Camel (remember him?) display for $5 I had to get it, also I snagged this Foreigner vinyl too. They opened for Death Leppard the last time I saw them tour in 2015? But it has some great songs on it.



Onto jewelry, another Christmas gift for my cousin which is this vintage owl necklace.

And this vintage carousel horse brooch which is in amazing quality and a great size. My sister collected them and the original one I gave her, one from Dolly Cool and now this one.

Next of course I had to pick up a new pair of sunnies (top picture by the album) which will also be for my stocking at Christmas!

Last but not least, a sort of an impulse buy was this cute grey stocking cap. I have a thing for cherries (as a pinup who doesn't?) I almost bought the black one because I like black but I chose the grey instead and don't get regret it! Stocking caps have been my jam this season! (so you know there will be a post on that!)

Overall, this was a great haul! Be safe if you are black Friday shopping! 

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts