Blog O Ween Day 22

Today, I have a Dollar Store Craft Fail? Well it sort of failed?? Let's get into it.

The craft was inspired by Chic on the Cheap:


Dollar Tree sells these cute pumpkin jars I was lucky to snag the last two:


You take the white glass candles from the Dollar Tree, stick them in a pot of water on medium heat to slowly melt the candles. It does take some time:


Once it starts to melt prepare your pumpkins on a cookie sheet with foil:



You fish out the wicks and glue them to the bottoms of the pumpkin jars (adding the craft sticks helps keep the wicks from moving), once the wax has completely melted, start pouring the wax into the pumpkin.

This is where I think my trouble began also I had some issues gluing down the wicks. Also it actually takes MORE wax then I thought. I thought it would have taken 1 candle (for each jar) but I wound using 3 candles. 

One wick ended up crocked though 



I had 4 candles total and had plans to make another candle from a plastic skull (I had issues with that too) I suppose it's trail and error with this. When you follow DIY's from other creators you think "They make it look so easy" however I am sure they have their share of issues we don't see!! (PS the candles worked) 

Stay Spooky!

Miss Mag Nificent 


Comments

Popular Posts