Blog O Ween Day 2

 As part of Blog O Ween I am sprinkling in some Dollar Store Crafts that I have done. The first is inspired by Chic on the Cheap on You Tube. I had picked up these glitter pumpkins per her recommendation when she did one of her first fall videos this summer. 



I wasn't sure what exactly I was going to do with them at the time, I placed them in storage. Then Sara Jane shared her recent video using one of these pumpkins, so I dug mine out of storage to work on them. 

I took a sanding sponge from Dollar Tree and started sanding down the glitter off the wording until started to fade:



I had also removed the raffia bows on them. Next, I took acrylic paints to both pumpkins covering both of them pretty well. I did have to do touch ups since I had to remove the labels off the back of the pumpkin's with goo gone. I had to mix the orange paint (ironically called pumpkin orange) with a bit of red to match. If you look real close you can see wording but I flipped the pumpkins over and you won't see it.





For the black pumpkin, I did what Sara Jane did with hers but instead of Halloween card, I had some Halloween paper that has different strips of Halloween prints:


 

I chose the purple bat print, cut the strip to fit the pumpkin, then hot glued it down and last I added a purple ribbon from my stash. 

For the orange pumpkin I took a pattern also from the video, traced it onto the pumpkin, then colored it with Sharpie paint pens. I added a green ribbon to that one here's both pumpkins together:



I loved how they both turned out! But I wanted to take my orange one a bit further so I had a shadow box in my stash that I re-painted black (it used to be blue) added the pumpkin to the shadow box, and made it into a cute wall hanging!





It looks so cute on the wall!! This was such a fun project to do!! 

Stay tuned for Dollar Tree Crafts!

Miss Mag Nificent 





Comments

Popular Posts