Blog O Ween Day 11

 My original plan for Friday was to go to Junkstock but I opted against it since it was later on Friday (didn't get early bird tickets) so instead, I finished up my Halloween decor hunting for the most part since Christmas is already taking over in most of the stores I did stop at Nobbies and At Home. I will be sharing pictures I took at Nobbies (didn't buy anything) on Tuesday. Today is my list of the best/worst shops of 2020, and Monday will be a recap of my wish list with some additions. Brace yourself it's going to be a bit long. 

Without further ado.... 

Best Halloween Decor 

Michael's. It's obvious that Michael's is number 1 they really knocked it out of the park. 

Best Local Shop

Pickens. I was really pleasantly surprised that one my local antique stores had a few sections of Halloween/Fall items. 

Best Hardware Store 

Menards. Even though I did not buy anything from there I did like the selection they had.  

I know Lowe's also had a good assortment of items but I didn't really shop there but they are worth mentioning in this post. 

Best Halloween Flowers/Crafty Items 

Dollar Tree. I really did not get any decor from Dollar Tree this year (one skull) but they were the best for crafty supplies and floral arrangements 

Runner up Wal-Mart. I did get a spooky bouquet from Wal-Mart and some foam stickers 

Bath and Body Works. They also did a fantastic job this Halloween!! I usually don't go ham with their stuff but this year was no exception. I am kind of bummed that I didn't pick up some of the cute display sconces. (see my wish list) 

Honorable Mentions

Nobbies, Spirit, Target, and At Home 

Here's the thing. I kick myself for not getting to At Home right away at the end of July when there was Halloween already at the store. By the time I got there, everything that was left was a big giant island in the store. I did get some great items (including pillows and a mug) I am bummed out that I missed at some the fun items I had seen on You Tubers videos. 

By the time I had also gotten to Spirit I had totally missed out on some of the good items as well. They do get points for having fun items for Boo Buckets and a I got a cute mug there. 

Nobbies as much I love the store and I will be getting the life size skeleton from them. They went really down hill (more on that later). 

Target was really late on getting their stuff out so again by the time I got there everything was picked over (same as Wal-Mart) certain items that ended up on my wish list I didn't get. Same with their Dollar Spot. I did get some great items the selection was already picked over 

Best Online stores: Hot Topic, Sour Puss Clothing and Christmas Traditions 

Both HT and Sour Puss  places carry spooky stuff all year round. I also took a peek at Christmas Traditions but didn't buy anything since their prices were high, but if you're into vintage inspired Halloween items

Stores that get a shot out that I did not go to but from You Tubers had good items (these will be on my list to stop at next year) 

Joann, Big Lots, and Home Goods.  

The Worst.

Hobby Lobby. It's not a surprise that Hobby Lobby didn't do Halloween this year since they're pretty religious they didn't have much of anything for Halloween prior to this year. They did full on Autumn if that's your jam. I have one Halloween item from HL that's vintage inspired but that is about it. 

Baker's this is my local grocery store they like Target and Wal-Mart were late on getting decor and didn't have an impressive selection this year.

Wal-Greens. Usually they're pretty good also with decor and their Nightmare Before Christmas is usually popping but again not good selection 

Wal-Mart. My local Wal-Mart was late to getting the decor out, and by the time I got anything (a few items) again it was all picked over. I didn't stop at a Omaha one to see if their selection was any better. I was super bummed because again other You Tubers had mentioned (or showed clips) of stuff that I had missed out on. Super bummed about it! But they do get bonus points for having great dishware. 

I am still waiting on a few items to be shipped so I will be eventually recapping those items on a separte post including Halloween accessories I got this year!

Stay Spooky,

Miss Mag Nificent 


Comments

Popular Posts