Red and Black Christmas: Cupcake Liner Christmas Trees

 Today I am sharing as part of my Red and Black Christmas is Cupcake Liner Christmas Trees. This came up in my Facebook a year ago in October and I totally forgot about it! I knew that I had to make these this year because I have a tons of cupcake liners in red and black of course! This craft is so easy that kids can do it!

Materials:

Cupcake liners I used red/black I got from Michaels awhile back feel free to use any color or even Christmas colors

Glue or double stick tape

Optional is metallic star shapes or stickers

Ribbon or twine


Step 1: Take the cupcake liner and flatten it:

Sorry it didn't photograph well


Step 2: Fold the liner in half:



Step 3: Fold again to form a cone shape:



Step 4: As you can see in the picture in step 3, you will need to glue the side sticking up down.

Step 5: After you make your cones, attach each of them together to form a tree:



I did three cones. You can totally do more than three, four or even five. Here's the other side of the tree:


You can use double stick tape or glue to attach the cones together. You may need to glue down anything that is sticking up as well. Repeat the steps until you have enough trees to your liking. Next, you can add stars to the top of your tree with stickers or even use glitter glue to add more sparkle :)  According to the link, you can make ornaments, a garland, or in my case I made a wreath:




I hot glued down the trees onto the embroidery hoop and added ribbon for hanging. It turned out super cute!! I hung it in my hallway :)

Have a great day!

XO,

Mags

Comments

Popular Posts