Fashion Love: Hairspray

Hi! Tonight is Hairspray Live! So today's post is inspiration from the movie Hairspray (2007) which happens to be one of my favorite movies.

For those of you who don't know. Hairspray is based off a Broadway musical which takes place in the 1960's and follows Tracy Turnbald who dreams of becoming famous to dance on The Corny Collins show and when she does she changes they way people think about people who are different.



Tracy wears simple clothes pencil skirts and white tops. Of course Tracy rocks the big hair!!


Next, is Penny Pingleton Tracy's BFF (played by Amanda Bynnes) her outfits like Penny's are simple and modest even with pigtails she still rocks a bump!


Can I say how much I LOVED John Travolta as Edna Turnbald??? I mean seriously. I loved him in Grease but he definitely rocked this roll!! Anyways in the movie you don't see much of Edna's confidence until the end of the movie but she rocks it!



Zac Effron as Link Larkin. Enough said. His roll in Hairspray won me over this was his post HSM (High School Musical) Days and he's never looked back.



I have to throw in Amber and Corny Collins (James Marsden). Amber wears a lot of pink/poofy dresses (that was also the style) but I have to stay her Ms. Teenage Hairspray look is my favorite. Derek Hough is playing Corny on Hairspray Live and I may just like him a tad more than James...

Last but not least I am sharing the Ms. Teenage Hairspray looks here's Tracy's:



I love the black and white pattern plus the Go-go boots!!!

Here's Penny's



I think I love this (besides Tracy's) transformation the most. If you've seen Penny throughout the movie she's very conservative and reserved but she gets with Seaweed and steps out of her comfort zone with this dress plus no more pigtails!!


I can't wait to see the live version I really hope it doesn't disappoint I've seen the live versions of Grease and Rocky Horror Picture show and they weren't as impressive as I thought they would be. So I am really hoping it's going to be good!

What's your favorite musical?

XO,

Mags

Comments

Popular Posts