Crafting with Kids: Artist gift Basket

I know it's probably unusual to see me post on Tuesdays but because I have so much to share between now and Christmas so I want to able to squeeze everything in so it's like Blogmas I guess?

Today I am sharing an installment of Crafting with Kids an artist gift basket. My friend Mandy, had requested art supplies for her son Luke (my nephew age 2 soon to be 3 12/31) as a Christmas gift. An idea from Pinterest came about of a gift basket with art supplies. One of the best things about Mandy is she has let Luke have creative freedom since he was a few months old so I was really excited to put together this basket for him:



Mini shower tote from Dollar Tree and everything else came from Wal-Mart

Washable Paints, Crayons and Markers (mini sized)

Mini Canvases and a Mini Easel (four total)

5x7 canvases (two pack)

Play Dough (two jars)

Last but not least ABC/123 shapes that can stick on the wall while he's in the bathtub. It doesn't fit in the basket but I really liked it, plus Luke will be starting preschool in the New Year. He does know his ABC's but this will keep him in practice! I was really disappointed that there were no smaller sized sketch books to fit into the basket. Because I really wanted to him to have a sketch pad but instead I went with the mini canvas/5x7 route there's enough hopefully to last him awhile. 

I'm pretty sure you can put whatever you wanted in your artist basket depending on the age level but I think this is pretty good for a soon to be three year old. Plus everything is washable!!!

Stay tuned because I will be sharing DIY snow that we did on Friday!

XO,

Mags

Comments

Popular Posts