Sunday Thoughts: How I got into blogging

Today I am sharing how I got into blogging. Next Sunday I'll recap pinup prom since I am off Saturday night for it.

When I got into blogging it was 2009. Mainly I did it to keep my friends and family updated on what was going on in our lives. Prior to that, I used MySpace's journal page or whatever it was to do updates then I got into Facebook, and one of my other friend's used to blog so I decided to give it a try. My friend Vicki Chrisman whom I have known forever and a day (her son Wes and I went to the same elementary school and were in the same graduating class). She's been blogging since 2006! And she wrote about my family on her blog back in 2007 not once but again here  and the official post 
and yes Vicki gave me her basket of goodies! She has always given me some of her stash before and the white mirrored cabinet in my bathroom as well. Her blog is so much fun!

Anyways, I wanted to do a creative blog like Vicki's it helped that she did creative challenges so I could get more readers. But, I attempted to write about organizing which I know nothing about (check out my friend Crystal for that!) and I thought about blogging about things but none of them felt right. Pinup feels right. Although I am still creative sometimes so that does get into the mix. But I like writing about discovering new Etsy companies, learning about styling my outfits, etc.

Blogger used to do "Bloggers of Note" of popular blogs out there and I used to follow a big chunk of them now all but one no longer blogs and it makes me sad. I enjoyed reading their blogs. I wonder if the pressure of being a popular got to blog? Makes you wonder.

In 2014 I did an ABC blog challenge a lot like the ABC's of pinup which meant I had to post everyday in April which at that time was a challenge! And I was still a baby blogger and learning how to figure out all the details to go with the challenge and for the most part people were nice a few rude people but that can be expected. I would delete those comments. I did get burned out on the challenge. I also noticed looking back how often I would post. I now try to do a schedule blogging Monday, Wednesday and Fridays throwing Sundays once in awhile to talk about random things like a story time as it were.

I like blogging in general and I really don't do it for the sponsorship or money. Next year, I will have been blogging for 10 years! Amazing!

I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts