Fashion Friday: Le Bomb Shop 3

Happy Friday!

Is anyone else bummed that BOTH Viva and Dapper are in the same weekend? Crazy! I get all kinds of jealous seeing all the followers on Instagram head there, etc. One of these days I will attend both! Not at the same time of course but maybe before I am 40 I can make Viva! Heck there's already booking for next year! Time to start saving my pennies!

Anyways I am rooting from Fran Robertson (aka Frantasy Island) and Diablo Rose for the title of Miss Viva Las Vegas 2018!!! 

My weekend is jammed back as it is more on that in a bit but first.....

Today I am sharing my 3rd Le Bomb Shop dress that I wore to pinup prom which I am sharing a bit of a story post about my whole prom experience on Sunday Thoughts.

Story time: When I was "prom" dress shopping I wanted to find something reasonable that I could "wear again" and not sit in my closet. I have a hard time spending a lot of money on dresses when in my theory I can buy more dresses. I wanted a royal blue version of my black Unique Vintage dress but when I went to go purchase it.... The dress was gone. *cries*

The prom theme was " Enchantment under the Sea" I wanted to go with that angle blues=water. I was building my accessories, shoes, and even my stockings around the dress. So I needed to find a dress to reflect that. I always dreamed if I ever got a prom re-do I'd wear a dress that was twirly and polka dots.

That's where the Miss Mabel Sweetheart Sun Dress came in! I went back to Le Bomb shop because again they have fun dresses that are affordable, plus they ship really fast! It is a tad darker than on the site.


Here is a flat lay of my dress:



The shoes are from Wal-Mart and so is the anchor swim suit bag which I used as clutch because it was bigger and I wanted to be able to carry the bare essentials it worked out. I opted for flats because I didn't want my feet to hurt all evening especially with all the dancing I did.

As far as accessories go, I went with my Not a Rock Lobster brooch from Erstwilder which was the pop of red element I added (everything else was blue but my earrings) I did gold star dangles from Target, blue bangles that I got from Etsy, my light blue petticoat from Lindy Bop and last but not least wide light blue fish nets from Target. Oh and my starfish hair clip from Hot Topic.










The fish nets were a good idea in theory, but I was expecting it to be warmer than it was out (gotta love the Mid West) I actually wore socks and boots the ride up, etc it did help. I was hoping to reuse the stockings but I got a run in them (how?) plus they were a B to untangle because I tried them on the day before prom, and they have no crotch to them.  (True story!).

I wound re-wearing the dress on Sunday for church adding more red elements this time. So it's nice to know I change up the styling on the dress which the best part about dresses and the endless styling options!

****************************************

This week has been so busy! I pretty much have something going on, but Thursday. I was supposed to have dinner with my former co-workers Wednesday but I decided to stay home and catch up on sleep which I haven't been getting enough of lately.

I had a good report from the dermatologist Tuesday my hives are starting to clear up with the meds/rash cream. Hopefully once the weather gets better, and the moisture returns will help.

Since my weekend is non Viva or Dapper Day bound, I am going to Lincoln today to see Luke and Sylvia then Saturday Earth Day and the Annual Fill a bag sale at Scout which I am super excited for because I have missed out on the other ones they had. Plus I am throwing a Thirty One party in the evening! Whew!


Do you have any big weekend plans?

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts