All Dressed April


A few of the dresses I wore during all dress April!


On Instagram, there is a challenge called All dressed April where you wear a dress every day for the month of April. Which basically is you wear a dress every day for the month of April. I decided to take on the challenge in good faith to wear a dress every day.

Now that the month is done as of today, I wanted to write about my experience on the month. Including the positives and negatives.

I work overnights, so yes that does makes things a tad tricky and normally, I don't wear dresses every single day I try to at least wear 1-2 times a week. I added skirts into the mix too which helped. There was only one day where I didn't get to wear a dress for Junkstock since it was so darn cold! Otherwise I managed to pull it off!

Positives:

Less Laundry! I have to wash my work pants all the time and the first week of the challenge, I noticed I had less of it to do. Granted I still have to wash some of my dresses once in awhile, along with my cardigans, but it made me happy to do less laundry!

Wearing dresses I haven't worn in awhile: I have dresses that I wear regularly and I tend to forget of the other dresses I have in my closet! So it's nice to wear some of the old favorites!

Getting new dresses: I did buy a few new dresses not just for this challenge but I had pinup prom, Easter, so I got a couple of new pretties to add into my rotation.

Creativity: This challenge did give me a chance to be a bit creative in attempting new styles, accessories, etc!

Getting compliments: I know most pinup gals feel awkward about getting compliments on their outfits, looks, etc. I know some get negative comments which I don't understand. I get unusual ones mainly when I wear a dress with a cardigan (spaghetti straps) they think it's a skirt. But I love being complimented because it makes the effort of putting the dress on!


Negatives:

Stockings: I went through about 3 pairs of stockings during this challenge. Two pairs in one weekend! It's always a drawback for wearing dresses daily. Again, the weather was still chilly so I had thicker stockings and leggings to wear as well which helped.

Not having enough dress to wear a month: Sounds silly right? Like I said I don't wear dresses daily so I couldn't help be a tad concerned on that. Some of my dresses aren't work appropriate or are too nice to wear to the office. I did repeat of two of the dresses my Easter and Pinup Prom dress, other than I grabbed some of the other dresses I had in my closet!


Getting burned out:  Sounds crazy right? But honestly I did start to feel a tad burned out towards the end of the challenge. Again as I mentioned above, I don't wear dresses every day like most pinup gals that I follow. I tend to wear slacks often during the week. However I won't stop wearing dresses after the challenge is over of course I'll probably go back to my usual rotation.

That's about all I can think of after this challenge! It was fun and hopefully I can have more ideas next year! Also more dresses too!

Did you participate in all dressed April?

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts