The Notebook

And no I am talking about the movie sorry to disappoint.  Remember a while back I showed you a notebook I altered? If not you can read it here.  Anyways the notebook is my idea book, and I usually try to have it on me you know to encourage myself (and Mojo) to use it.  I've always said that I usually drive right into a project without planning and sometimes you need to plan. Like with the duck tape wallet (the longer one) I needed to know the sizes so if I make another I have the sizes jotted down.  I did that this time. 

Poor notebook though the ribbons started to come off so I'd re-attach them with whatever adhesive I'd have usually it was my sticky adhesive squares. Well that became a real pain, I realized that the next time I make this project to use TG (Tacky Glue an artist's BFF) istead the glue I had at the time because it's obivious the glue didn't hold. 
So I stripped the notebook to re-work it somehow:

Sorry the picture is kinda bad but you get the idea.  I wasn't sure (exactly) what I wanted to cover the notebook with then I remember seeing on the I ♥ to create blog a t-shirt covered notebook.  Megan is the author of the Generation T books. I have her 1st book and love it I need to get her 2nd. 
So I went to Goodwill to find the perfect vintage t-shirt and let me tell you it wasn't an easy because once I looked I wanted ALL the t-shirts I liked.  But I controlled the urge and settled on one:

No shock here huh? A vintage Hawaiian t-shirt.  Totally LOVED it! I had seen a few others non vintage Hawaiian shirts one even winter related but since this notebook is pretty much year around I went with something universal and that I love. 

It's easy just take the shirt and cover the notebook to take measurements cut, then use tacky glue to attach. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.  So far the notebook has held up better than the other cover. :)

Check out the instructions on the link above!

Comments

Popular Posts