Starbucks Therapy

So recently I became a Starbucks Junkie. I know it's about time right?  On occasion before becoming a junkie I would stop once in a while for a hot chocolate at our only Starbucks in town which is located within our grocery store (I am picketing on this we NEED at least 3 more with one near my house!).  I wasn't a coffee drinker I used to drink the stuff as a kid to look cool and it smelled good.  But I got sick once and that was the end of it.  I am a tea drinker cold in the summer sweet or strong depending on my mood, hot in the winter or when I'm sick with a spoonful of sugar, honey and a little bit of cinnamon.

And I'm sure your saying but there other things besides regular coffee, lattes, espressos, iced coffees and even chi tea (which I love). It was this fall I noticed the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks and decided to give it a whirl.

I was hooked. 

It was like Kenny Chesney's You had me at Hello but more like you had me at the first sip.  I wondered where have you been all my life? Then recently my friend gave me a Starbucks gift card and I learned about the point system, registering my card, etc. I knew there was no turning back.


Sunday Mary and I went to our local store Hy Vee (where Starbucks is located) after we got some groceries we both knew we had to stop for something. They have now of course their holiday flavors out including White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha.  Oooo la la la my taste buds were in heaven!  Let's just say my drink didn't last the car ride home :) 

I mentioned yesterday I was having a pretty bad day so after I got off work before heading to bed I went to the one place that would cheer me up STARBUCKS!


Behold the White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha!

 Boy did that lift my spirits and warmed me up since well, it's COLD now officially. This is only the beginning of what I think will be a declious friendship.  Not only am I an offical Starbucks Junkie, I am a card carring member!

I wonder what I could make from the drink sleeves and the splash sticks?

Comments

  1. If you come up with something to make out of the sleeves and splash sticks, you must post photos! :-D

    As a veteran of the Starbucks junkies club (10+ years, I tell you what! ;) I welcome you to the club! I'm such an addict, I even have blog posts specifically dedicated to the wonderful coffee that is Starbucks.

    The points system is great. I earn all kinds of free drinks, plus other coupons. Got a 15% of merch coupon the other day, which I used to buy two ornaments and that adorable little Huxley mouse they have out.

    Peppermint Mocha = my drug of choice for the cold weather. Also, caramel mochas are fantastic. And gingerbread lattes. And--oh, I could go on and on.

    Anyway, great picture! Loved this post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts