A Tropical Christmas

So I am dealing with the CT the pain comes and goes. I haven't attempted scissors yet like I said I want to wait until I get cleared (one more week). Anyways I can still take photos and I have another brace I wear that so I can use the computer. Onto this post!

Last year I shared my Christmas decorating but I had so many posts, this year I'm condensing it down to this one and only post.  As you know, I love the beach/Hawaiian theme, I carry the theme into my holiday decorating too. 


On my night stand I changed my bandanna (it was pink) to this dark blue scarf.  When I think about Christmas colors I go beyond Red, Green & White.  Blue makes me think of the cold, ice, the dark winter sky, and of course the ocean :)  These are my my holiday flilp-flop suncatchers. Last year I hung them on the wall this year I placed them on my night stand totally LOVE them. 

Sorry it's a bit dark.  But this is my Christmas ducky.  Reminds me of the pool :)

It's not Christmas-y but this is my drink votive holder. I have a green one somewhere but it matches the blue.

When I cleaned out my closet I came across this cute hula moose ornament.  Totally made me laugh.


The Nutcracker is my favorite holiday story hands down. I've seen many verisons of it, including a live performance when I was in Girl Scouts many, many years ago.  These are my two Nutcrackers the above one is close repelica (the shorter one) of my favorite story verison that I used to watch over and over on VHS growing up.  I've found a tropical one that I have to order.

I made this last year. Not sure if I'll use it for a gift this year or not it just maybe a decoration. 

On the left is my reindeer in the cabana, I got this last year so cute and funny. On the right is my snowman hinged box I've had for years it's had so much wear and tear to it. It's been banged up, missing a wire arm, and the carrot on the inside but it still looks decent I can't see not putting it out every year. 

On my dresser, not much changed here either I have TONS of seashells so I put a couple out along with my glitterly shell ornament they surround my hermit crab snowman.  With Christmas ornmanets they don't have to be hung on the tree they can be displayed on shelves, in jars, or hung on walls. 

Another closet find is my sandy snowman blowing the conch shell.  Totally love him he can stay up through winter so I think of the warm weather :)

This has to be my favorite decoration.  My Santa on the island.  I have large scale verison that's slightly different but I noticed it got broke (that has been the trend lately I need to pack my stuff better huh?) so I have yet to put that one up. 

I also made this last year a woody carrying a Christmas tree instead of a surfboard.  Love it. 

Last but not least my Christmas tree.  No it's not a palm tree (I wish) it's a stacked candle holder and the top is a snuffer courtesy of Party Lite.  I am thinking of putting shells around it though. 

Well that's it for now. Hope you enjoyed my tropical Christmas and maybe gave you some warm thoughts since it's COLD here anyways. 

Aloha!

Comments

Popular Posts