Embracing my inner geek

Well it has happen like every stinking year, Halloween costume ideas changed. My roommate (Mary) and I had the plan to for a Wizard of Oz type Halloween costumes. Then we always talked about being Wayne and Garth from Wayne’s World; thought for sure we were going to do it nope. Mary then was tossing around other ideas a business women (which she has done before I’m just saying) then she texted me last Thursday with her idea a nurse. It totally makes sense because her sister is one for real. I couldn’t argue with that. So we went shopping for a scrub top for her and her boyfriend is going to be a Doctor. Cute right?




So that left me back to the drawing board and I hate that with Halloween drawing closer and closer that I didn’t have my costume pegged already was getting to me. I had toyed around with the idea of being the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland; other idea was a geek or nerd. Then I thought the nerd would be totally fun and easy. I always try to be cost effective when it comes to costumes if I plan to buy anything for my costumes. I bought an oxford shirt with a front pocket from Goodwill which was around $3.00 and then a pair of turquoise Buddy Holly style glasses I suppose I could of worn my own but the frames on the fake pair scream nerd. That was about $5.00 so I’m under $10. I usually try to spend over $20 if I buy any part of my costume.



I have scrub pants with pockets on the side that I plan to wear. When I think of nerds, I figure pockets are must for all their pens and stuff. And I love pockets. I have my green and yellow clogs that I plan to wear (if I can find them). I plan to frizz out my hair really crazy like I got zapped and I’m raiding dad’s closet for the craziest necktie I know he has a few thanks to me. All and all it should be fun set up. But there will be no changes! It’s too late in the game to be changing. So this Halloween I will embrace my inner nerd.



Because we’re all a Steve Urkel deep down inside.




Later days

Comments

Popular Posts