Class

It's sport soap box time.

Yesterday the Huskers had a well deserved victory against Kansas State.  I hadn't heard too much hype about the game until on the news when they showed K-State's poor sportsmanship towards us. Calling us "crybabies" for leaving the Big 12 and even going the lengenths to having the K-State mascot holding a plush verison of Lil Red in a nuse. Seriously?  Your going to drag Lil Red into this???

Okay I want to say what poor sportsmanship that is umm you're in college not in high school.  And what a way to represent your school by being jerks.  See a lot of people give Nebraska fans a lot of credit. When we played the Washington Huskies it was mentioned how great of fans we were does the sea of red ring a bell?  We have such an awesome fan base it expands as far as Hong Kong.  The only time I heard negative response to our fan base was last year when we played Missouri that the QB said he was spit upon by either a fan or player.  But I'm not saying we're perfect fans I'm sure we've got a few a-holes in the woodwork after one too many drinks. 

How does that look to Nebraska fans seeing stuff like that?  If I was traveling and saw those signs of disrespect it'd made me think twice about visiting that state of town again.  You don't have to like us but show some respect we are visiting and there is a thing called word of mouth. 

As Kenny Chesney says "Don't you feel ashamed of yourself, don't it make you feel small y'all?"

Another thing I think us moving to the Pack 10 could the best thing for us since Tom Osbourne became athletic director.  We're just reestablishing ourselves as a team, Bo Pelini has a huge mess to clean up after Bill Callahan and his "West Coast" offenese.  Even though we have to pay a huge nasty fine for it, I've heard a lot of positives from it.  We haven't won a championship since 1997.  It's high time we get back to where we once were.

However as I always say what goes around comes around yesterday's final score NU-43 K-State-13.  I think K-State will be rethinking their attitude now as they cry over their lost.

I'm getting off my soap box now. GO BIG RED!!!

Comments

Popular Posts