Fashion Love: Carrie Bradshaw

Ah my first fashion love icon is none another than Carrie Bradshaw! I've been a fan of Sex and the City for ages even more so now in my 30's!

I mean who doesn't envy Carrie's closet?



She even has her own runway!


Without further a do, I am sharing some of my favorites of Carrie Bradshaw!


The tutu dress:



In the opening credits, we see Carrie in this cute tutu dress (I had to find a picture where her nipples weren't showing a common Carrie trademark) it later appears in the Sex and the City movie.  Also she wears a bigger green version (seen in her closet above) in Season 6 "American Girl in Paris part Deux)

The Christian Dior newspaper dress:



Fun fact: The dress appeared in the 2nd Sex and the City movie but it originally appeared in Season 3 Episode 17 "What goes around comes around" When she faces Natasha!!


She makes a suit look good



This I believe is also from early Season 3 episodes where Carrie dates a politician. And that contraction is a pay phone this was WAY before cell phones! Circa 2000 when they just were becoming a thing.

Fur to a ball game? You bet!


From Season 2 Episode 1 "Take me out to the ball game" The girls to the Yankees game wearing none other than fur coats. To each it's own!

"She's fashion road kill!"



Ahh the jeweled panties! In Season 4 Episode 2 "The real me" (probably one of my favorite episodes!) the girls all learn about having self confidence especially Carrie who is asked to walk the runway in a fashion with Dolce and Gabbana in you guessed it those pretty panties. Heidi Klumm guest stars in the episodes and Carrie embraces herself flaws and all.

She isn't afraid to mix colors


Yup another from Season 3  Episode 15 "Hot child in the city" Carrie's funky Chanel top, with purple pants and a turquoise bandanna.


A belt on her stomach???


Not sure from which season this is from but this is one of my least favorite Carrie looks. But if anyone can pull it off she can!


Pretty in polka dots



In Season 6 Episode 20 "An American Girl in Paris (Part Deux) Carrie is living in one of the fashion capitals of the world Paris and looks lovely doing so even she's lonely.


Last but not least I am sharing two of my favorite outfits from The Sex and the City movie:


Pretty in Pink




I love this suit outfit how fresh Carrie looks in it!


Gorgeous in Green.



I love the green on green combination. The dress is amazing and the Eiffel Tower clutch!! A nod to her Paris days!

Comments

Popular Posts