I is for Ice

Have you ever tie dyed with Ice? Me neither but it was a technique I discovered on I love to create's website (I can't get the link to work right now but I will promise!) . So I had to give it a try and a perfect letter I project!

First I started out with a tie dye pack from Tulip:



I chose tropical because well summer is around the corner!!

First mix the bottles of dye then you take an ice cube tray and fill it:




I filled just 12 squares so that gives four cubes of each color. You can if you want use all the squares. I ended up with left over dye hence where the extra green dye for letter G post and you will be seeing it again for letter O too.



After you let the cubes freeze you’re ready to go. I decided to use a white bandanna because since I never did this type of project before so I thought a smaller surface was a good place to start.



Like with the shirt run the material under water first to help the dye stick. I forgot to mention this in the G post wear the protective gloves otherwise you’ll have dye on your hands for a while!

Pop the cubes out and start drawing on your surface:



No ryhme or reason just doodled then you let dry. I need more practice but it was fun!!

A good summer time project for the kids!!

Comments

  1. This sounds like a very easy way to make tie dye. I'm going to have to try this sometime.

    M. J. Joachim

    A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches




    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts