C is for Crayon

Do you have a ton of crayons lying around? I know I do!!

Today I am sharing a fun project to do with them besides coloring!

First I took an 8x10" canvas and some glue I used clear Tacky glue but you can any strong glue:


Next take your crayons and remove the wrappers the easiest way to do this is soak the crayons in a bowl of water for a couple hours and they will slip right off. Then glue the crayons down along the edge of the canvas:




I would glue down a couple crayons then let it dry in between. Keep going until the whole edge is covered with crayons for 8 x 10" canvas it took 32 crayons:




You can do different colors, I chose blues and greens because it reminds me of water.

Now here comes the fun part. Take a hair dryer on high aim at the piece and magic happens:



Continue until your happy with the design. You can pull away from the canvas a little too to it doesn't go all over like mine did but I actually liked the final product:



See you tomorrow for D!


Comments

  1. I've done about 5 of these....they are fun. I made one as a peace sign...i used coloured pencils for the lines inside the circle, then bits of crayons around the edges. I also did a blue/black/white/grey one with a TARDIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! OMW!! That project just made me so happy! LOL! I've GOT to try that. Oh, wow! Love it!!

    http://www.frankiesbookshelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy making melted wax crayon pictures. You can never predict how it's going to turn out :)

    Rebeccah Writes - A-Z 2014

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts