Wordless Wednesday cemetary photos

One thing we did on our trip is stop at two cemetaries. My cousin Steve's friend Tina, had family buried out in Eastern Nebraska. So we stopped at one on the way up and the way back.

Call me weird but I love old unique shaped headstones. I used to be afraid of cemetaries you know the whole scary movie/Halloween thing. But they aren't. The older they are the chalk full of history they are.  So here are a few images I snapped at the cemetary in Cambridge Nebraska:



The Angel had to be my favorite it was a family headstone. I noticed the back of it had all the family names in plexiglass.


The 2nd favorite was the book of course being a die hard reader.

Then there some crosses too:


This one the writing is long gone which makes me sad. I don't like seeing unmarked headstones. Some of the older ones you can do a rubbing on with paper/pencil. Have you ever done that?


Thanks for letting me share. 

Comments

Popular Posts