Organization project: The junk drawer

Check out my first organization post here on the start of my kitchen drawers.

So I forgot to share this post (oops) on my junk drawer, I thought I'd better share this before I share the final two kitchen drawers Friday.

 I discovered Raising up rubies out there in the blog-o-sphere and I loved her ideas on organization but silly me I forgot to mention where I got the inspiration in other post! See I can be a scatter-brain sometimes especially when I get excited on a new project :)

Now that I have a new phone my before photos were on my other phone and did not get saved to my memory card for some reason (don't you love technology?) but the drawer also had the NASTY pear paper lining the drawer too.

My junk drawer was well your standard junk drawer. A catch all for everything and anything! The idea was to eliminate all that add some cute containers and jazz it up.

Here’s the finished drawer:



Yes, I love my color theme of black, white, and pink! As you can see I used some old coffee/tea mugs to store my gum packs and my pink binder clips (they work good keeping chips closed!) I got them at Staples. Also from Staples are the little bins which hold my extra magnets and bottle caps for a dollar you can't go wrong :) .

I used this clear bag towards the back to storage extra magnet clips, pens, scissors, etc. I reduced it down to 1 of each of those including 1 large and 1 sticky note.

Oh and yes the mini buckets (from Goodwill) with my batteries (for each size). I also got some cute Martha Stewart tags (again from Staples) to label them. 
I did this back in April and I have kept on top of it I'm proud to say!!

Have you got on the organization kick lately?

Comments

  1. Yours looks so nice. With three boys in the house (yes my husband is one of them) I think every drawer is a junk drawer. I organize, and they trash it. Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts